Anyone have the Palmer's Blazer X-ray?

Anyone have the Palmer's Blazer X-ray?

Gambit
Gambit

July 22nd, 2012, 12:26 am #1

I would like to buy it from whoever ended picking it up on EBay. Email me at dartamon at gmail.com.

Ken Newell
Ken Newell

July 22nd, 2012, 3:14 am #2

none

Ken Newell
Ken Newell

July 22nd, 2012, 3:36 am #3

I was going to make a separate thread, but this should do. The shipping tube my film came in was slightly crushed and put a couple small creases into the film. Does anyone know of a technique to remove these without risking damage to the image? I'm currently pressing it between a couple sheets of glass, but that doesn't seem to be completely resolving it. They're not terrible creases, but if I can remove them without risk I'd like to.

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

July 22nd, 2012, 8:55 am #4

Sorry to hear about the damage. I wish I could replace it, but it's unlikely I'll get to use that X-ray machine again. We have hi-res digital copies and a few ideas to mull over for them, but once these originals are gone, they're gone.

The base film stock is a heavy plastic or acetate. I don't know the exact material, but it's basically thin sheet plastic of some kind. Pressing it between two sheets of something is probably a good idea.

I'd suggest something like maybe low heat (hair dryer or heat gun on low) or to leave the pressed sandwich somewhere warm (attic on a hot day, back of an SUV on a hot day, etc.) but really, I have no idea how that'd affect either the base plastic or the image itself.

I may be able to get some "scrap" X-rays from the same source (as in actual pics of bones and whatnot) and do a little experimenting, but no promises.

Two sheets of clean glass, some good weight and a couple of warm-to-hot days might be your best bet.

Doc.

Nighthawke
Nighthawke

July 22nd, 2012, 12:51 pm #5

I was going to make a separate thread, but this should do. The shipping tube my film came in was slightly crushed and put a couple small creases into the film. Does anyone know of a technique to remove these without risking damage to the image? I'm currently pressing it between a couple sheets of glass, but that doesn't seem to be completely resolving it. They're not terrible creases, but if I can remove them without risk I'd like to.
http://www.ehow.com/how_6573791_wrinkle ... abric.html

Try a small spot first before going for broke, to see if the emulsion will stay or lift.

Ken Newell
Ken Newell

July 22nd, 2012, 1:57 pm #6

Sorry to hear about the damage. I wish I could replace it, but it's unlikely I'll get to use that X-ray machine again. We have hi-res digital copies and a few ideas to mull over for them, but once these originals are gone, they're gone.

The base film stock is a heavy plastic or acetate. I don't know the exact material, but it's basically thin sheet plastic of some kind. Pressing it between two sheets of something is probably a good idea.

I'd suggest something like maybe low heat (hair dryer or heat gun on low) or to leave the pressed sandwich somewhere warm (attic on a hot day, back of an SUV on a hot day, etc.) but really, I have no idea how that'd affect either the base plastic or the image itself.

I may be able to get some "scrap" X-rays from the same source (as in actual pics of bones and whatnot) and do a little experimenting, but no promises.

Two sheets of clean glass, some good weight and a couple of warm-to-hot days might be your best bet.

Doc.
Like I said, the damage isn't too bad. The tube was a sturdy choice...someone just decided it needed a hinge during the journey. Its currently between two glass tabletops. The top one is a heavy 36" circle 1/2 an inch thick to provide good weight. Its in the house, but in a room with the AC vent blocked so it gets into the high eighties by afternoon right now...I may carefully add a hairdryer, but I'll let it sit as-is for a bit.

Radical
Radical

July 22nd, 2012, 9:51 pm #7

Try to find a doc in the box or an ortho clinic that still is using film. Try talking to the x-ray tech, and have him run it through the processor once or twice. I t wont hurt the image and the rollers and the heat may!! straighten it out.The iron may not be such a good idea. Too much heat and you will lift the emulsion and then it's over..

Radical
Radical

July 22nd, 2012, 9:55 pm #8

In addition if they can't fix it ask them to make a copy, should cost a dollar fifty. If they have gone digital, ask them to scan it and print you a new film on their laser printer....
As an x-ray tech I would do it in a heartbeat if you asked.

Ken Newell
Ken Newell

July 22nd, 2012, 10:07 pm #9

My neighbor is a radiologist!

I'll have if they still have some analog gear around.

Ken Newell
Ken Newell

July 23rd, 2012, 1:31 pm #10

He's apparently NEVER touched any analog X-rays...hasn't a clue how one would manage, fix, copy, or develop one.

Blarg!