Another Shop Pages Update...

Another Shop Pages Update...

October 25th, 2017, 4:43 am #1

... For the both of you who are still reading such things.

http://www.docsmachine.com/projects/machine.html

I wanted to get the pages for the Logan lathe organized a bit better, so that when I get the new CNC parts in, I have a more complete storyline (for want of a better word. )

I've had a couple of these pages partially done for a while now, so it was just a matter of finding a few more pictures (that I knew I had, but had put in whatever folder was handy back then, or had named something weird, or whatever.

These are going back a bit, back to when I first got the machine (circa 2001, I think) up to more recently when I added the improved turret a few years ago.

The new sections are "Aquisition and preliminary setups", "Upgrading to 3-phase and VFD", and "Adding a better bed turret and tooling".

For some of you who were reading a few years back when I put the turret on, it's kind of a rehash, but apart from maybe MarkT and Jeb Hoge, I'm not sure many of you were around back when I did the closer handle or 3-phase conversion.

Doc.

October 25th, 2017, 8:04 am #2

I'm the Electrician that has to come in and fix it after the builder is dead and gone "It Broke, we need it, Fix it." So seeing how people build it makes it easier to fix it...

And it gets sad when you can correct the goofs and make it better and they won't let you. The Car Wash would rather burn up a 5 HP stationary Pressure Washer motor once or twice a year rather than rig up a pressure relief and/or shutoff timer on it. It's their dime, they decide how to spend it...

October 25th, 2017, 1:42 pm #3

I wanted to get the pages for the Logan lathe organized a bit better, so that when I get the new CNC parts in, I have a more complete storyline (for want of a better word. )

I've had a couple of these pages partially done for a while now, so it was just a matter of finding a few more pictures (that I knew I had, but had put in whatever folder was handy back then, or had named something weird, or whatever.

These are going back a bit, back to when I first got the machine (circa 2001, I think) up to more recently when I added the improved turret a few years ago.

The new sections are "Aquisition and preliminary setups", "Upgrading to 3-phase and VFD", and "Adding a better bed turret and tooling".

For some of you who were reading a few years back when I put the turret on, it's kind of a rehash, but apart from maybe MarkT and Jeb Hoge, I'm not sure many of you were around back when I did the closer handle or 3-phase conversion.

Doc.
So don't sell yourself short.

BTW: logan02.html's "next" button links to 'suds01.html' and not 'logan03.html'

Also, the "Index" links take you all the way back to projects/ instead of projects/machine.html which seems more logical.

Thanks for putting this stuff up. It is always interesting reading material.

Mark

October 25th, 2017, 3:03 pm #4

Doc.
I don't always understand 'em, but I enjoy 'em anyway.
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

October 25th, 2017, 4:51 pm #5

Doc.
While I can't pinpoint exactly when I found The Whiteboard, (it was probably sometime around 2005), I have enjoyed both the comic and your machine updates, Doc.

I will say that as a car guy I am still patiently waiting for an update on your Cutlass project though.

October 25th, 2017, 5:03 pm #6

Doc.
All this is way outside my zone of competence, but the posts are a lot of fun to read.

October 25th, 2017, 10:38 pm #7

Doc.
Patiently waiting for updates to the Nichols miller and the Rockford drill...