A Roger/Button fan strip (had to do it!)

A Roger/Button fan strip (had to do it!)

Daniel Meyer
Daniel Meyer

July 7th, 2012, 3:41 am #1

(for those that say "Huh?" google the San Diego Fireworks show...essentially, computer glitch set off the entire 17 minute show, three barges and $400,000 worth of fireworks...all at once)

Daniel Meyer
Daniel Meyer

July 7th, 2012, 3:49 am #2

Uploaded the wrong one previously...has a couple overlaps/etc. Here's the final version:

Ketira
Ketira

July 7th, 2012, 7:34 am #3

Well, seriously... I hope the company who set up those fireworks doesn't come here. They wouldn't laugh at it at all.

I'm beginning to wonder if someone hacked into their system as fireworks are generally controlled by computer to sync with the music. (Don't remember which cable channel I saw this on. Could have been either History or the Science channel.)

Nighthawke
Nighthawke

July 7th, 2012, 8:34 am #4

One tech for another display company speculated that since there are so many safety features in the hardwired side of the setup that it might have been a software test program running in the background when the final safeties were disabled.

Hence all wires were energized at once, and the mess that followed.

Robin Bobcat
Robin Bobcat

July 8th, 2012, 8:10 pm #5

(for those that say "Huh?" google the San Diego Fireworks show...essentially, computer glitch set off the entire 17 minute show, three barges and $400,000 worth of fireworks...all at once)
[/IMG]

I had this idea knocking about, but finally got off my rump to do it.

Daniel Meyer
Daniel Meyer

July 9th, 2012, 6:11 pm #6

Good one! (n/t)

Junk Box 99
Junk Box 99

July 12th, 2012, 10:55 am #7

[/IMG]

I had this idea knocking about, but finally got off my rump to do it.
New Tomato