a perfectly good waste of a giant jawbreaker with a lathe

a perfectly good waste of a giant jawbreaker with a lathe

namrepus221
namrepus221

May 21st, 2012, 6:44 am #1

Squirlly
Squirlly

May 21st, 2012, 12:46 pm #2

But I watched it till my computer was finished downloading the whole thing then skiped ahead to the middle for 10 seconds then to the 3/4 mark for 10 seconds and then to the last minute.

Does anyone who puts that kind of thing out think we all have almost 14 minuets to just watch them make a project.

Two words.... Time Lapse

-Tim

Le_KiD_Qc
Le_KiD_Qc

May 21st, 2012, 3:34 pm #3

namrepus221
namrepus221

May 21st, 2012, 4:03 pm #4

But I watched it till my computer was finished downloading the whole thing then skiped ahead to the middle for 10 seconds then to the 3/4 mark for 10 seconds and then to the last minute.

Does anyone who puts that kind of thing out think we all have almost 14 minuets to just watch them make a project.

Two words.... Time Lapse

-Tim
Thats a main complaint of the video on youtube that it is done in on continuious shot and no cuts.

But i didnt make it so i have no control over that.

Maker of Toys
Maker of Toys

May 21st, 2012, 6:06 pm #5

nombreux trous
Nom-able Turnings

Steve
Steve

May 21st, 2012, 10:37 pm #6

It took me a moment to SEE what the setup was, for some reason I was expecting a three jaw to be holding the candy. (wood lathe, whats that?)

Steve

IDN
IDN

May 22nd, 2012, 3:32 am #7

and hay, i'll hold my mouth open while you make all the delicious chips!

wheeee!

Bwahahaha, I really need to do other things....

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

May 22nd, 2012, 11:12 am #8

Anyone know what he sprayed it with at the end? I thought it was just water to "polish" it, but there was a distinct tint to it, and I don't think it'd stay that "wet looking" that long.

I'm assuming it's a display piece, and not intended to be eaten, so the spray could very well have been varnish/varathane or whatever as a protectant.

Doc.

namrepus221
namrepus221

May 23rd, 2012, 3:54 pm #9

I think it had to be some sort of clear coat. It was ment to be a shotglass so it would have to be something that would both protect the candy and alcohol from interacting with one another