A couple new parts for the "busted paintball equipment" box

A couple new parts for the "busted paintball equipment" box

ydna
ydna

August 13th, 2011, 7:14 pm #1

I know there's some guys on this board that like modding old brick Shockers so I wanted to post these pics from a marker I was repairing recently.

The first one is a wood tube that was being used for the barrel. It was shoved into the marker breech and couldn't be removed. I asked the owner if he really wanted it on there since used barrels can be found cheaply and easily, and he quickly told me to yank it off of there (and that he wasn't able to do it himself)

It measured 0.700...I guess (hard to measure it)

The other funny part from this marker was the bleed valve on the regulator. It was welded shut since it was venting air...likely due to the fact that the regulator was missing some internal components. Talk about a band-aid fix...

Swapped it out for a nice used bleed valve and all was well

jwigum
jwigum

August 13th, 2011, 10:58 pm #2

Run, don't walk.

Nobody
Nobody

August 14th, 2011, 12:45 am #3

I know there's some guys on this board that like modding old brick Shockers so I wanted to post these pics from a marker I was repairing recently.

The first one is a wood tube that was being used for the barrel. It was shoved into the marker breech and couldn't be removed. I asked the owner if he really wanted it on there since used barrels can be found cheaply and easily, and he quickly told me to yank it off of there (and that he wasn't able to do it himself)

The other funny part from this marker was the bleed valve on the regulator. It was welded shut since it was venting air...likely due to the fact that the regulator was missing some internal components. Talk about a band-aid fix...

how did the wooden barrel shoot? maybe the guy was onto something? maybe SP will come back with wooden barrels, wooden accessories.

"that isn't anno, that's shellack."

puts new meaning to "Woodland" camo.

J.Cook
J.Cook

August 14th, 2011, 12:51 am #4

"Boom stick".

ducks and runs away

jkeyser14
jkeyser14

August 14th, 2011, 1:57 am #5

If not I've got a fully functional old maxflow sitting on the shelf taking up space. I really need to get pics of some of my old stuff and have a give-away day.

ydna
ydna

August 14th, 2011, 4:38 am #6

It was missing the base seat and the poppet guide. Also the piston was backwards and had no o-ring on it. The guy bought a used max-flo from me but it was one of the "Max-Flo 3000" systems with left-hand tank threads. We discussed what he needed so I let him send the marker in.

it also had all sorts of other problems...the bolt seen in the picture was too big and was preventing the gun from shooting. I have no idea why...

ydna
ydna

August 14th, 2011, 4:40 am #7

how did the wooden barrel shoot? maybe the guy was onto something? maybe SP will come back with wooden barrels, wooden accessories.

"that isn't anno, that's shellack."

puts new meaning to "Woodland" camo.
I didn't want to bother breaking a ball inside it and having a huge mess to clean up. Before I asked him about the irremovable nature of the barrel, I was afraid it was some "custom mod" of his....ouch

Speaking about the wooden parts, I've actually had quite a few requests to make some wooden grip panels a-la the old SP ones. I know bubkis about wood and stains, but I figure I'll have to try machining one of my grip panel patterns into some hardwood...might be cool.

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

August 15th, 2011, 12:43 pm #8

Run, don't walk.
While I've had any number of bad ones cross my workbench (clogged, leaky, etc.) I don't recall any intentionally disabled ones.

Makes you wonder what they were thinking that it was easier to get out the welder and braze the thing shut than, you know, just replace it with another pipe plug.

The wood barrel thing was new though- was it a dummy for an eBay sale photo or something?

Doc.

OmniMech
OmniMech

August 15th, 2011, 5:52 pm #9

"Boom stick".

ducks and runs away
the barrel is cobalt-blue steel and the stock is walnut.