3-14 TWB

3-14 TWB

OmniMech
OmniMech

March 15th, 2012, 8:21 pm #1

Oh my god... I have actually done that in a tourney. A 3-man Tippmann/Spyder tourney (Tippmanns and spyders only...no electronic triggers), they blew the whistle, I turned to lay paint, slipped, and ended up on my butt. I managed to roll into a close bunker before the other team could stop laughing and shoot me.

What about everyone else...whats your biggest slip/goof/whoops/"I cant believe I DID that" moment in paintball?

Nighthawke
Nighthawke

March 15th, 2012, 9:17 pm #2

Slipped and fell on my marker, stripping threads and bending the schrader valve, making for a nasty leak. I managed to get it to seal back up and tag two before someone got a lucky shot in.

Had to get a new cylinder after I discovered how bad the damage was. The marker survived to fight another day.

Doc Nickel
Doc Nickel

March 16th, 2012, 2:57 am #3

... I watched a player take a dive, and stab the barrel of his Angel into the soft ground. he pulled it out, then tried to shoot it clear- which naturally didn't work. he was scrambling to get his squeegee through it when he got hit.

The worst part? I was standing right there, not ten feet away, with a camera in my hands... and didn't take a single photo. I was too busy watching.

Doc.

TargetIndy
TargetIndy

March 16th, 2012, 3:41 am #4

My field is along the bank of a river, so we're pretty much on a glorified sandbar. It's not unusual for one or our renters to jam the barrel into the ground and come up with a "core sample". Most of the time they don't realize what they've done and they keep shooting. I've had players load the barrel with broken balls all the way up to the breech.

I can't give them too much grief about it. I did it once and managed to hold a player off just by shooting air at him.

steven morizio
steven morizio

March 16th, 2012, 3:47 am #5

that nice little foot bridge put the water spigit was damp one morning and dad and son was rushing to hear the rules and slipped and went into the stream...

S7G
S7G

March 16th, 2012, 5:00 am #6

Oh my god... I have actually done that in a tourney. A 3-man Tippmann/Spyder tourney (Tippmanns and spyders only...no electronic triggers), they blew the whistle, I turned to lay paint, slipped, and ended up on my butt. I managed to roll into a close bunker before the other team could stop laughing and shoot me.

What about everyone else...whats your biggest slip/goof/whoops/"I cant believe I DID that" moment in paintball?
I once chronoed my Blazer at Docs and shot myself right between the eyes.
It was the first time I had used it forgot to put the bolt back in. Never had to worry about that with my Spyder.

Then a year later on the same Blazer while playing in the old GWS tourney the cocking block on the ram broke on my first shot and I shot myself again.

That gun spent a lot of time going between Alaska and California for repairs. It was the guinea pig that was responsible for all the changes that where made to make them the guns they are now.

I have owned a dozen more and never had any problems with them.

P-3

S7G
S7G

March 16th, 2012, 5:36 am #7

My field is along the bank of a river, so we're pretty much on a glorified sandbar. It's not unusual for one or our renters to jam the barrel into the ground and come up with a "core sample". Most of the time they don't realize what they've done and they keep shooting. I've had players load the barrel with broken balls all the way up to the breech.

I can't give them too much grief about it. I did it once and managed to hold a player off just by shooting air at him.
Their used to be a player at my field that would get you to surrender with just a stick. Ole could play a couple of weekends on 10 balls.

S7G

Eric
Eric

March 16th, 2012, 7:06 am #8

Field has a small log bunker that was about 4 ft tall. Went to whip around the backside to duck behind it. Misjudged my turn by about 2 feet and flipped right over the wall. Classic "are you all right, yes..BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!" moment.

Squirlly
Squirlly

March 16th, 2012, 12:49 pm #9

Once in the woods it was a very wet sloppy day, it was snowing but the ground was not frozen somehow I fell and rolled forward down a hill, once I stopped rolling I started sliding so I started shooting still sliding down the hill till I realized I was heading straight toward a tree. I managed to get stopped before the tree but not behind any cover so splat. I believe to this day I was the only one in range of the other team this whole time and when I went to the dead box someone from the other team was there cleaning off a splat that is the same color of the paint fill I was using so at least I took someone with me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Second one is even on youtube herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjVeOTYnMf8

It was the last game of prelims and the first and second place team from each bracket was in the finals. Our team was in first place and the Pirates were already in second and that could not change even if they skunked us 100 to Zero so we got together before the game and decided to save our paint for the final, but told NOBODY there not even the "pod girls" and camera girl from the other team.... The video is VERY pixelized and at the end I'm the second blob from the right, the middle guy in the red and black stuff.

-Tim

LGND
LGND

March 16th, 2012, 1:09 pm #10

Back in the late 90's when sup'air had connecting hoses, the captain of Purdue's team ended up face down mid-bunker run trying to close out a game at a college tournament. Funny thing was he shot the player on his left from prone on the ground, rolled onto his back and tagged the player on his right.

Ended up clearing both corners and finishing the game!

I think both players were too shocked (or too busy laughing along with all of us on the sidelines) to put a round into him.