10:18 PM - Oct 10, 2018 #11

jecook wrote:
8:38 PM - Oct 09, 2018
IIRC, the Mk. V armor was out for cleaning 'because a kitten peed in it'.  Not sure about the mechs, but I'm pretty sure at least one of them was heavily damaged.
No, that was Roger's Docbuster armour. The Mark-five was destroyed in the bot battle.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

7:36 AM - Oct 11, 2018 #12

RogerDaryl wrote: I would find it rather humorous if when all is said and done (all precautions taken, Swampy armed to the teeth, Jink muttering from the sniper tower, Bandit having Nam flashbacks, Roger prepping the defence satellites for launching all missiles and firing all lasers) they get the power restored, and nothing unusual happens.
Around here, that would be the weirdest thing that could happen.

12:55 AM - Oct 12, 2018 #13

10/11 Inside the shed. Oops!

12:49 PM - Oct 15, 2018 #14

Robotek wrote: The subtle sound, carried through a steel door, of the racking of a shell into the chamber of a pump shotgun, may be all you need to discourage intruders banging on the door as if trying to break it down after 2 AM...
Reminds me that a pen and paper rpg (aka not the rocket propelled kind) had a special rule for when a player mimicked the sound and action of pumping a shotgun.

7:14 PM - Oct 15, 2018 #15

Doing it is one thing, Mimicing it is quite another - that's when they go "He's Bluffing!" and charge in through the door.  And find you holding a quite real shotgun that you already racked...  "Oh, Shiii"(BOOM!)

First you say it, then you do it. 

7:55 PM - Oct 15, 2018 #16

BruceBergman wrote: Doing it is one thing, Mimicing it is quite another - that's when they go "He's Bluffing!" and charge in through the door.  And find you holding a quite real shotgun that you already racked...  "Oh, Shiii"(BOOM!)

First you say it, then you do it.
A dear departed friend (former Special Forces) said he was going to install intrusion detectors that would play the sound of a large dog barking if someone broke in. I pointed out to him that studies have shown that dogs aren't great at deterring burglars. "It's not to scare them off," he replied. "It's to cover the sound of me racking my Beretta."
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

7:10 AM - Oct 16, 2018 #17

digi_owl wrote:
Robotek wrote: The subtle sound, carried through a steel door, of the racking of a shell into the chamber of a pump shotgun, may be all you need to discourage intruders banging on the door as if trying to break it down after 2 AM...
Reminds me that a pen and paper rpg (aka not the rocket propelled kind) had a special rule for when a player mimicked the sound and action of pumping a shotgun.
One game a new player kept doing that at random intervals. Never mentioned reloading. When it hit the fan he was holding an empty shotgun. Hilarity ensued. I only rescued him because he owed me money. (for buying shells)

8:29 AM - Oct 16, 2018 #18

digi_owl wrote: (aka not the rocket propelled kind)
Numeich is having a sale on demilled rpgs they can be reactivated albiet with a fair bit of work and a form1.😎