2017-10-02 somethings's about to happen

2017-10-02 somethings's about to happen

October 2nd, 2017, 2:27 pm #1

I'd rearrange the office so the window wouldn't be behind the desk. There's probably glare on the computer screen. It should be a simple matter to block up the current window, and install a new window on the other side of the desk.
And I know the desk could be moved, but that's not complicated enough.
I'm also not an interior decorator.
This is a test. Explosions are a happy side effect.

October 2nd, 2017, 2:45 pm #2

. . . I'm sure there'll be some rather drastic remodeling any second now.
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

October 2nd, 2017, 4:51 pm #3

I'd rearrange the office so the window wouldn't be behind the desk. There's probably glare on the computer screen. It should be a simple matter to block up the current window, and install a new window on the other side of the desk.
It depends. I like working by natural light as much as I can. So, unless the sunlight in coming in directly, say during sunset, then I'd leave the setup as is.

To keep down the glare, wouldn't it be easier (in Doc-verse or at least Doc-mind) to just rotate the building? Sort of like a high tech Baba Yaga's hut?
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

October 2nd, 2017, 6:23 pm #4

Yeah, realistically it might be an issue, but it's a comic. It looks cool.

We can presume that Doc wants to be able to just swivel his chair and look out the window, and is willing to put up with the occasional glare issue in the meantime. (Although, being Alaska, where we only get about a dozen nice sunny days a year, and for a good chunk of the year it's dark from 5 in the afternoon to 10 in the morning, the glare issue might not be as big a thing as you think. )

Doc.

October 2nd, 2017, 8:17 pm #5

Don't you just hate it when the office is quiet, almost like something's about to happen?

When something's about to happen it's never - phone's ringing, people bustling about, some idiot a few cubes over is bellyachin' about the bellyachin' of others and you feel it's a day even the Keystone Kops wouldn't dream of showing up.

Nice full Moon, and my werewolf keychain just winked at me.

October 2nd, 2017, 8:48 pm #6

Yeah, realistically it might be an issue, but it's a comic. It looks cool.

We can presume that Doc wants to be able to just swivel his chair and look out the window, and is willing to put up with the occasional glare issue in the meantime. (Although, being Alaska, where we only get about a dozen nice sunny days a year, and for a good chunk of the year it's dark from 5 in the afternoon to 10 in the morning, the glare issue might not be as big a thing as you think. )

Doc.
You mean Our Hero (or Roger) hasn't perfected smart glass that adapts to ambient conditions and reflects away unwanted levels of electromagnetic and ionizing radiation?

I thought he was supposed to be smart.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

October 2nd, 2017, 9:15 pm #7

Being a donkey I am always being smart!

October 3rd, 2017, 1:02 am #8

The Windows are photosensitive and adapt.

October 3rd, 2017, 1:08 am #9

Maybe this is just my new readerness (?) showing, but I'd expect it to be full of parts, Dew cans, and other clutter...

October 3rd, 2017, 1:59 am #10

The cleaning staff came by, and Doc hasn't been in the office for the last few days.

Also, That's not a real window. Having a window that is easily breached proved to be a liability*. During one of the rebuilds, a large wall mural was installed**. Apparently it can show night-scapes as well. It probably cycles to a new image every half hour or so.

*http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autotwb1181.html

<i></i>http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autotwb1034.html