2017-03-16 - Like a knight in white.. nevermind

2017-03-16 - Like a knight in white.. nevermind

March 16th, 2017, 10:49 pm #1

Yea, he's head over heels over her... trying to get in there to save her from that horrible place...

March 16th, 2017, 11:15 pm #2

The old shop may have gone out of business, a Cara bought it to re-open under better management. - She has no money because she's putting it all into the shop.

Someone else bought it to rebuild it, and Cara works for them. She is trading less pay for a better work environment.

Some combination of the first two.

It is a dive, but Doc manages to buy it to, and puts Cara in charge with a better budget, and the understanding it's going to be the best place in town. - Doc will probably have to keep his involvement low-key, for fear of scaring away the patrons.

Same as above except Howie and/or Cassiopeia instead of Doc and/or Cara. - They know how to manage a restaurant, and are currently flush with cash.

The current slumlord is Packrat. - And all that that implies.

Some combination of the last three.

Some combination of the... um, let's say 'N' possibilities above.

March 17th, 2017, 2:53 am #3

The coffee shop is owned by Swampy's parents and he's so ashamed of them that he doesn't use his legal name, ever.
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton

March 18th, 2017, 8:44 am #4

The old shop may have gone out of business, a Cara bought it to re-open under better management. - She has no money because she's putting it all into the shop.

Someone else bought it to rebuild it, and Cara works for them. She is trading less pay for a better work environment.

Some combination of the first two.

It is a dive, but Doc manages to buy it to, and puts Cara in charge with a better budget, and the understanding it's going to be the best place in town. - Doc will probably have to keep his involvement low-key, for fear of scaring away the patrons.

Same as above except Howie and/or Cassiopeia instead of Doc and/or Cara. - They know how to manage a restaurant, and are currently flush with cash.

The current slumlord is Packrat. - And all that that implies.

Some combination of the last three.

Some combination of the... um, let's say 'N' possibilities above.
When readers speculate on what's going to happen in the strip, if they by chance happen to come close to the truth, I am often very tempted to change the storyline just to prove them wrong.

I've done it before, more than once.

That's not a warning, by the way, or even a suggestion you shouldn't speculate. Just a note that the god of this Universe can be fickle.

Doc.

March 18th, 2017, 2:10 pm #5

I wondered if it was a problem. I know I get annoyed when someone gives away my joke, but I just can't resist trying to do it to someone else.

If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

March 18th, 2017, 5:07 pm #6

When readers speculate on what's going to happen in the strip, if they by chance happen to come close to the truth, I am often very tempted to change the storyline just to prove them wrong.

I've done it before, more than once.

That's not a warning, by the way, or even a suggestion you shouldn't speculate. Just a note that the god of this Universe can be fickle.

Doc.
Yes, I know you could change the storyline to prove a speculation wrong. That's always a risk. But on the other hand, I know some cartoonists that have read speculations and thought "that's a damn good idea, I'm stealing it". I also know that a lot of cartoonists, (but not all), are greatly entertained by the speculations of their readers. Your smileys above would indicate that. Being a fickle god is one of the few perks of being a cartoonist.

So now that you've hinted I might have guessed close, and that you might change directions, I'm forced to speculate on what that new direction might be...

281x61wx4w619xc4ul0xb1x74m1461x61wx56x24w6. *

* Encoded for extra entertainment value! +

+ or it could just be random letters and numbers!

March 18th, 2017, 10:47 pm #7

I'm not going to post my translation for fear Doc will change the storyline, as threatened.
Love thou the rose, yet leave it on its stem. -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton