2-2-18 - "Flashback" is the word

2-2-18 - "Flashback" is the word

February 2nd, 2018, 2:37 pm #1

If someone came charging at me, naked but for some viscous mystery fluid, screaming about the bathroom, I'd be terrified. And while I don't think it's the sort of thing that's likely to scar Jinx for life or anything, it certainly is a hell of a thing to encounter when you've just woken up.
"Vox populi, vox humbug!"
- William Tecumseh Sherman

February 2nd, 2018, 3:07 pm #2

That flashback doesn't look terribly traumatic.

Also, 'attractively naked'.

February 2nd, 2018, 3:07 pm #3

If someone came charging at me, naked but for some viscous mystery fluid, screaming about the bathroom, I'd be terrified. And while I don't think it's the sort of thing that's likely to scar Jinx for life or anything, it certainly is a hell of a thing to encounter when you've just woken up.

February 2nd, 2018, 3:30 pm #4

Where's Swampy's tail? (n/t)

February 2nd, 2018, 4:01 pm #5

Sandy ate it so she wouldn't starve to death. /s

Either that or it's between his legs.

February 2nd, 2018, 6:24 pm #6

But I think Swampy's tail saw its shadow and hid.

February 2nd, 2018, 6:58 pm #7

This time Last Year...
http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autotwb2407.html

February 2nd, 2018, 9:10 pm #8

Since Sandy steamrolled him face-to-face, shouldn't that be flashFRONT?

And it wouldn't have scarred him for life. After all, he has 4 older and 4 younger sisters, and would be not completely unfamiliar with the various 'ladyparts' of the anatomy..... (Although he may not have had them rammed into his face yet! There again, girls can sometimes play just as rough as the boys.}
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.

February 2nd, 2018, 9:43 pm #9

Sandy ate it so she wouldn't starve to death. /s

Either that or it's between his legs.
Actually, I completely forgot to draw his tail. Weird.

I've mentioned before, a few times in the past, that sometimes the mechanical "here's how you use a pencil and a pen" part of the brain overwhelms the logical "here's how you spell Regret" part of the brain- which is what leads to all those photos of tattoos that say "I Have No Regerts" or "God Lovs Me" or with the girl's name spelled "Danelee" instead if "Danielle".

I had a book on airbrushing techniques years ago, and the author at one point relates how he was doing boardwalk caricature T-shirts. On one shirt, he mispelled "Bob", airbrushing it on the shirt as "Bod", much to the amusement of the crowd.

But if you do anything artistic- especially repetitive stuff like a webcomic- that kind of thing happens all the freakin' time!

Back in the day, I used to regularly forget to shade Swampy's hands. I can't count the number of times I'd been trying to draw Red and was halfway through sketching a Swampy hat on him before I caught myself.

I recall one in particular, years ago in the pre-color days, I was staring at the finished, reduced, ready-to-upload strip and thinking to myself something didn't look right. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was. I went off to do some mindless surfing for a bit, came back and immediately noticed I hadn't drawn any of Pirta's spots.

I've shown Sandy getting her hair braided at the paintball field, only to have her back to a regular ponytail two strips later. After switching to color, I've almost colored Doc as Bruno on at least a couple of occasions, I've reflexively almost colored Jinx' ears black (since all the foxes and several of the other pointy-eared characters have black or dark-toned ears) and so on and on.

I'll re-tail swamps later this evening, when I have time.

Doc.

February 2nd, 2018, 9:46 pm #10

it seems Jinx is starting to discover an interest in the naked form of attractive females he's not related to...