10-Sept-2018: To Be Fair

September 10th, 2018, 3:21 pm #1

Roger does strike me as someone who would have ended up a supervillain if Doc hadn't harnessed his talents.

September 10th, 2018, 3:30 pm #2

I think Roger's just too happy to play around with things.  World domination and all comes with all manner of problems, keeping those ornery protesters silent, etc.  Look at all the difficulty Putin is having.

No, give Roger a challenge like build a better salt shaker and he'll be happy as a clam.  Of course there will still be explosions and the usual fires...

September 10th, 2018, 7:40 pm #3

I don't think either Roger or Doc really qualifies as a villain, super or otherwise. They're not out to conquer or even change the world, they're not trying to take anything that's not really theirs, and there's no hero trying to thwart their efforts. A villain is defined by what he opposes, or what opposes him. So far Doc & Roger haven't encountered significant opposition beyond the natural stupidity of the universe and its contents. Even the Dogs in Black don't really oppose them; they just want to prevent their hobbies from unintentionally unraveling space & time.
If it ain't broke, I'll fix it!

September 11th, 2018, 1:22 am #4

All this is true, though Roger does have an unhealthy obsession with questional materials, hacking, and is a bit more cocky, where Doc often reins in Roger.

September 11th, 2018, 1:28 am #5

Also while Doc created the wormhole gun, Roger is the one who actually destroyed the the universe with it.

September 11th, 2018, 7:20 am #6

PSadlon wrote: Also while Doc created the wormhole gun, Roger is the one who actually destroyed the the universe with it.
That was an accident.

September 11th, 2018, 9:03 am #7

eddi wrote:
That was an accident.
I'm thinking of the investigator with "we had this idea" "I don't need to know anymore" strip now.. :)

Chloe

September 11th, 2018, 9:39 am #8

ChloeRed wrote:
eddi wrote:
That was an accident.
I'm thinking of the investigator with "we had this idea" "I don't need to know anymore" strip now.. :)

Chloe
That would be THIS strip  (The culmination of The Great Beer Replicator Incident storyline.)
Breakfast.com halted. Cereal port not ready.