Wakanda Forever!

What are your favorite SF/F films, and why? Write a review or just discuss them with other fans.

Wakanda Forever!

ecgordon
ecgordon

February 16th, 2018, 1:58 pm #1

My review is short, and hopefully spoiler free. Go see Black Panther.

Elizadolots
Elizadolots

February 19th, 2018, 11:23 pm #2

My daughter and I went to see it today.  We both thought it was great.  There was one moment that knocked my socks off.  I've never stared at the screen with my mouth open before, but I did it for this movie!

ecgordon
ecgordon

April 19th, 2018, 11:17 am #3

Regardless if you ever buy anything from Amazon or not, you may be as puzzled by their actions as I am. They are treating Black Panther the same way they did The Last Jedi. The digital version is up for pre-order, but the only disc listed is a foreign release. Just as both of those films broke records at the box office, they could have also been the largest pre-order releases of all time. In the past, their algorithms would reduce the price over the course of the pre-order time line in response to how many orders had been placed. They might not have made as much money as otherwise, but they were selling a shit load of discs that way. If they decided that wasn't in their best interest, they could easily change the algorithm or just set it so that the price stayed the same no matter how many orders they got. People want this, they would already be ordering if it was available.

Considering they have pre-orders up for more recent releases like Ready Player One, Red Sparrow, Winchester, etc, with no information about extras, number of discs, or Region, it makes no sense to not let people pre-order Black Panther.

Elizadolots
Elizadolots

April 19th, 2018, 3:14 pm #4

I think they are trying to push the death of discs.  I don't see it myself.  I want a disc.  5 inch media should be as long lived as Vinyl.