Kangaroo Kitchen Stove

Kangaroo Kitchen Stove

June 4th, 2003, 5:09 pm #1

Sometime ago I got a "Kangaroo Kitchen" during a split with an Ex. I have no information on this little treasure and was wondering if anyone knew of it.
I did however see someone years ago on EBay looking for one but I decided not to sell in hopes of finding out more about it.
For those of you who are interested it is a small compact stove the diameter of say 1 1/2 feet square.
Comes with a grill and a flat surface that i can't think of what it is right now but you could make say...pancakes on them ( Griddle )?.
The fuel part of this little stove has a tank simular to a " Blow Torch" style cylinder. i guess it could use one of those Coleman propane tanks but I have never fired the thing up.
I do have pictures but will have to send at another time when I get them loaded into the computer.
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO COULD YOU HELP ME..
Thanks.

John
John

June 10th, 2003, 1:42 am #2

I have one that I bought a long time ago hardly ever use it. Unfotunatly I lost the info. pkg. that it came with. Has anyone responded with info on it? By the way if we have the same kind a coleman propane tank will fit(per design. My regulator that the tank fits to is shot otherwise all is in good order. I do remember that it served as a oven when you put top and bottom together but again I have misplaced directions. Too many moves.

Walt
Walt

July 1st, 2003, 1:08 am #3

Sometime ago I got a "Kangaroo Kitchen" during a split with an Ex. I have no information on this little treasure and was wondering if anyone knew of it.
I did however see someone years ago on EBay looking for one but I decided not to sell in hopes of finding out more about it.
For those of you who are interested it is a small compact stove the diameter of say 1 1/2 feet square.
Comes with a grill and a flat surface that i can't think of what it is right now but you could make say...pancakes on them ( Griddle )?.
The fuel part of this little stove has a tank simular to a " Blow Torch" style cylinder. i guess it could use one of those Coleman propane tanks but I have never fired the thing up.
I do have pictures but will have to send at another time when I get them loaded into the computer.
Thanks.
I to have a Kangaroo cook stove and no papers.Can't even find anything on the nets about the maker.If you find out anything please contact me and if I do I'll let you know. Walt

DaaZy
DaaZy

July 10th, 2003, 10:25 am #4

Thanks.
The Kangaroo Kitchen is a wonderful item to have. My father had bought it quite some years back. (20? .. he passed away 10 yrs ago.) My mother gave it to me last year when I started to go camping. It does indeed take a Coleman or similar propane cylinder.

When you set it up you can use the wire grill for heating a pot of water or perking a pot of coffee and even for making toast if you keep the flame low.

The griddle is great for bacon, eggs, hash brown patties, burgers, steaks, etc. I am not sure but the lid may be used for say heating water to wash your dishes with ... I'll have to ask my mother if she has the original manual.

Guard the 'handle' well. I lost mine this past weekend, it got knocked lose and fell out of the boat on our back across the lake from our camp spot to the boat launch.

Hayley Wesson
Hayley Wesson

July 12th, 2003, 10:58 am #5

Thanks.
I've got one of those, found it at a landfill when someone threw it out and it was still in almost new condition with all paperwork and even the spare orfice. I use it occasionally along with my coleman 425E stove when camping or when I want to heat up something to eat at the farm.

Works well with regular propane torch cylinders, but the newer short fat coleman cylinders won't fit due to how close together things are.

Definately one of the best finds I've ever made

Douglass
Douglass

August 16th, 2003, 9:33 pm #6

I have one that I bought a long time ago hardly ever use it. Unfotunatly I lost the info. pkg. that it came with. Has anyone responded with info on it? By the way if we have the same kind a coleman propane tank will fit(per design. My regulator that the tank fits to is shot otherwise all is in good order. I do remember that it served as a oven when you put top and bottom together but again I have misplaced directions. Too many moves.
I have this unit and it was a life saver during the Eastern seaboard blackout this week. Cooking? No problemo I can send you a scan of most of the manual's pages if you wish

Carolyn Penrod
Carolyn Penrod

August 27th, 2003, 10:16 pm #7

Noticed your message and would like price for copy of your Kangaroo Kitchen manual.

Please respond at your convenience.

Best regards,

Carolyn Penrod

Douglass
Douglass

September 5th, 2003, 3:50 am #8

Hello

No charge. I scanned my copy and if you wish I can send the pages in JPEG format to you via your E-mail address. You can then print them out locally.

Douglass C

Carolyn
Carolyn

September 5th, 2003, 11:57 am #9

Douglass:

Please do send the file to my e-mail address.

Thank you, very much.

Carolyn P

Ramona
Ramona

September 22nd, 2003, 12:10 am #10

I have this unit and it was a life saver during the Eastern seaboard blackout this week. Cooking? No problemo I can send you a scan of most of the manual's pages if you wish
Does your manual have any information on the parts for the Kangaroo. I need a new orfice for it. Thanks.