thoughts on Tamiya doing that Soviet ground pounder?

thoughts on Tamiya doing that Soviet ground pounder?

April 14th, 2012, 5:25 pm #1

I forget the name.. Il-2, sturmovick (?)... I do recall Accurate Minatures doing it, and then I think Italeri re-boxing it. Makes me wonder why T decided to do this one? If they are going to re-do decent kits that are still available, then why not an F-4 Phantom series. They just seem to have some kind of odd ball releases...35th armour releases are the same way.

GD

April 14th, 2012, 8:47 pm #2

..........those are my thoughts.

I was hoping that Rick's Phantom info was accurate. But Mike V, who told me about the 1/32 Mustang close to a year ago, also states a Phantom is one the way.

I truly do hope it sells well. Because I want to see Tamiya to continue to produce. According to Tamiya magazine, there are several aircraft announcements to be revealed this year.

I think the AM release was good enough.

April 15th, 2012, 10:57 pm #3

I forget the name.. Il-2, sturmovick (?)... I do recall Accurate Minatures doing it, and then I think Italeri re-boxing it. Makes me wonder why T decided to do this one? If they are going to re-do decent kits that are still available, then why not an F-4 Phantom series. They just seem to have some kind of odd ball releases...35th armour releases are the same way.

GD
I already have the AM kit so I think I will be passing on that one. It seems that the big T does what it wants which I guess it can when 90% of your market is in Japan.

April 17th, 2012, 3:27 am #4

Just curious, I think Mr. T wants it.

April 18th, 2012, 11:11 pm #5

GD
I thought the AM IL-2 looked pretty good (in the box at least - now I hear about all the 'problems' it's supposed to have). And now an Elefant - which Dragon seemed to have done a pretty good job on. Maybe Mr. Tamiya is losing his marbles...

J

April 19th, 2012, 3:11 am #6

Yeah Jim you are right, maybe he is losing his marbles. As they say you should never lay money on what you think Tamiya will be releasing. I would have bet against the Storch. F-117 in 1/48? No way Jose!!

Do they have an Elefant in 1/48th?

April 19th, 2012, 7:13 pm #7

GD
But he was not to happy the way his son was doing things and returned to the helm. Perhaps this was one of his son's decisions?

April 23rd, 2012, 3:21 am #8

GD
I just took a look at the sprues on Hyperscale. Wow, nice stuff. I like the surface detail.

Someone call the ankle surgeon. I jumped off the bus fast but I just jumped back on.

April 23rd, 2012, 4:44 pm #9

Yeah Jim you are right, maybe he is losing his marbles. As they say you should never lay money on what you think Tamiya will be releasing. I would have bet against the Storch. F-117 in 1/48? No way Jose!!

Do they have an Elefant in 1/48th?
not sure why they'd do an Elefant. Maybe going after DML? I've given up trying to predict Tamiya releases. The T-55 seemed to be the last one that made any sense. Not saying the other 35th kits are bad, just..not really my bag. Char b, renault tractor, jap bulldozer, matilda re-tool, and the elefant. Think of what they could do with a new tool Leopard 1, or even a Leopard 2A4?

GD