T-33 GB article

T-33 GB article

June 8th, 2010, 4:53 pm #1

I know its early, but with Vic charging out the gate like a man possessed, I think now is a good time to suggest we prep an article for MAW in 2011.

That means taking good I.P. photos and recording a few captions. Much of the discussion in the DG can be melded into some text for an article. If we don't wait until the last minute (ahem, by we, I mean me), then its possible the article could be done in time for the 2011 show. We could combine the fee from the 335 and T-33 articles for next year. Pay for food AND beer!

No reason why we should not get a few extra $ for this, if only to off set the dinner cost. Participation totally optional. The web page runs $38 US per year, so I would be grateful if some of the fund could be used to off set that cost, so long as everyone is OK with that.

June 8th, 2010, 5:53 pm #2

Graeme

I was going to ask you about the site at Nanton but I forgot but I am willing to chip in to cover the yearly costs for the site upkeep. I am guessing we don't have to worry about bandwidth problems right?

June 8th, 2010, 8:02 pm #3

I know its early, but with Vic charging out the gate like a man possessed, I think now is a good time to suggest we prep an article for MAW in 2011.

That means taking good I.P. photos and recording a few captions. Much of the discussion in the DG can be melded into some text for an article. If we don't wait until the last minute (ahem, by we, I mean me), then its possible the article could be done in time for the 2011 show. We could combine the fee from the 335 and T-33 articles for next year. Pay for food AND beer!

No reason why we should not get a few extra $ for this, if only to off set the dinner cost. Participation totally optional. The web page runs $38 US per year, so I would be grateful if some of the fund could be used to off set that cost, so long as everyone is OK with that.
s

June 8th, 2010, 8:59 pm #4

Graeme

I was going to ask you about the site at Nanton but I forgot but I am willing to chip in to cover the yearly costs for the site upkeep. I am guessing we don't have to worry about bandwidth problems right?
Hi Chris, no, bandwidth is not an issue. This is my account statement fron N54:

Status: For this month, you have used 4,498 page views of the 100,000 page views for which you have subscribed. This amounts to 4% of your subscription.

I wish N54 had a 'beginner' package, that would cost less to maintain without ads. The cost keeps the ads away and allows the DG to be searchable, but we will likely never go above 5% of the allotment.

GD