Old school modelling

Old school modelling

January 4th, 2010, 5:42 am #1

Hi guys

here is my submital for this month's club theme. It is a Hasegawa Egg Japanese Zero. These are all the parts to the kit. There is the canopy of course.

Assembled with tube glue. What a pain in the rear.

I have already painted the grey underside, landing gear as well as the prop and cowl. The only thing left is the green topside. The cowl came out great if I do say so myself.

I should be decalling by Wednesday. Be on the lookout for silvering.

Chris

January 5th, 2010, 2:31 am #2

Chris, are you going to paint the topside green, or use the kit green plastic?

Cheers, Vic

January 5th, 2010, 3:06 am #3

Hmmm, now why did I not think of that? I should just leave it in the green plastic. Oh well. Already painted the bottom and all the other parts. Topside green tonight hopefully.
Last edited by skyhawk174 on January 7th, 2010, 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 7th, 2010, 5:59 am #4

Hi guys

here is my submital for this month's club theme. It is a Hasegawa Egg Japanese Zero. These are all the parts to the kit. There is the canopy of course.

I have already painted the grey underside, landing gear as well as the prop and cowl. The only thing left is the green topside. The cowl came out great if I do say so myself.

Chris
Hi All

Okay only thing left is the topside green and the canopy, also green. Not going to mask but paint it free hand. We'll see how that goes.

Shot of the bottom side

The cowling came out great I think considering the paint was 15 years old and I had to add Tamiya thinner to reactivate it. Tamiya semi gloss black.

Brent I used your parchment paper on the wet tissue trick. I think it worked out.

January 7th, 2010, 3:38 pm #5

I'll be blitz building my Speed Racer this weekend. Since the finish is white and the kit plastic is white, my choice of paints is a no-brainer - none! I'll be using Future to give it some gloss and that's it!

~ Brent

January 7th, 2010, 3:41 pm #6

Hi All

Okay only thing left is the topside green and the canopy, also green. Not going to mask but paint it free hand. We'll see how that goes.

Shot of the bottom side

The cowling came out great I think considering the paint was 15 years old and I had to add Tamiya thinner to reactivate it. Tamiya semi gloss black.

Brent I used your parchment paper on the wet tissue trick. I think it worked out.
335!

Cheers, Vic

January 7th, 2010, 9:42 pm #7

if you squint real hard, tilt your head to the left and stand on one leg, it looks pretty close to our upcoming project.

January 11th, 2010, 4:29 am #8

Hi guys

Chris
Here is my 335 Zero. It was relatively fast and the jury is still out as to weather it was fun or not. I am waiting for a gust of wind to blow the decals off as I can see a couple of them lifting already.

Now to get back to some serious modelling. As an aside I find it funny that the first model I finish for 2010 is this one. Let the giggling begin

January 11th, 2010, 4:48 am #9

Did it come with the 335 for the fin, or did you make that up?

January 11th, 2010, 5:25 am #10

from 20 year old Letraset. Unfortunately it is the wrong font but what the heck. Now it is ok to be in this group I would think. The original number is 110 and I have seen some others in the 200 series.

By the way, I figured out that this is a Type 52 zero from the number of exhaust pipes.

As for one a month, I have a 1/72nd scale predator ready for paint. That would be sweet to finish that for next month.