New 335 update. FINALLY painting!!

New 335 update. FINALLY painting!!

March 25th, 2010, 5:32 am #1

Hi guys

just a small update tonight. It seems that I have been fighting this cold forever so that has made me listless with no energy. I barely want to sit at my bench to work on the 335. Anyway, I was able to get some stuff done yesterday and tonight I was painting. Just a few days late but at least it is progress.

As we discussed earlier I decided to spray the cockpit the interior colour as used on the Mosquito instead of that candy appple green the Italians preferred. A lot more subdued I think.

Here is Tamiya paint I used. Thanks for the scans Brent.

I was also sick of dealing with all of the punch out marks in the wheel wells so I tackled those with the no. 12 blade and my Mission Models chisel. What a pain in the butt but I think it had to be done. Of course someone is going to tell me I wasted my time as you probably can't see anything. Too late.

So here is a shot of all of the parts I planned to spray interior green. I even sprayed the interior of the wheel wells and the doors.

And here is a shot of the cockpit in that green. Hope it shows up okay on your monitors.

Tomorrow after the paint is dry I will do some detail painting in the cockpit so I can close up the silly thing.

March 25th, 2010, 8:41 am #2

Looks like my RCAF interior!

March 25th, 2010, 4:24 pm #3

Hi guys

just a small update tonight. It seems that I have been fighting this cold forever so that has made me listless with no energy. I barely want to sit at my bench to work on the 335. Anyway, I was able to get some stuff done yesterday and tonight I was painting. Just a few days late but at least it is progress.

As we discussed earlier I decided to spray the cockpit the interior colour as used on the Mosquito instead of that candy appple green the Italians preferred. A lot more subdued I think.

I was also sick of dealing with all of the punch out marks in the wheel wells so I tackled those with the no. 12 blade and my Mission Models chisel. What a pain in the butt but I think it had to be done. Of course someone is going to tell me I wasted my time as you probably can't see anything. Too late.

So here is a shot of all of the parts I planned to spray interior green. I even sprayed the interior of the wheel wells and the doors.

And here is a shot of the cockpit in that green. Hope it shows up okay on your monitors.

Tomorrow after the paint is dry I will do some detail painting in the cockpit so I can close up the silly thing.

I think I will wait until there's 33.5 days left.

Looking good Chris. You guys have way more patience than me in cleaning up those knock-out marks.

GD

March 25th, 2010, 7:49 pm #4

Hi guys

Now keep it rolling.

March 25th, 2010, 10:34 pm #5

Looks like my RCAF interior!
I used the same colour as the interior of the Mosquito.