Might have to partly bow out of the build

Might have to partly bow out of the build

December 8th, 2010, 11:16 pm #1

Guys, my boss just informed today that it is virtually certain I'll be posted out of Edmonton. Depending on when in 2011 that is, I may not be able to make the actual contest.

I do still intend to carry on with the build. Whether it makes it to a display table in Nanton will depend on the whims of the posting gods.

Oh yes, I am not sure where I will go, was just told that it will not be Edmonton.

GD

December 8th, 2010, 11:46 pm #2

Well, I suppose we knew it was coming sooner or later, still hate to see ya go . Have to make the best of your remaining time here!

J

December 9th, 2010, 4:00 am #3

Guys, my boss just informed today that it is virtually certain I'll be posted out of Edmonton. Depending on when in 2011 that is, I may not be able to make the actual contest.

I do still intend to carry on with the build. Whether it makes it to a display table in Nanton will depend on the whims of the posting gods.

Oh yes, I am not sure where I will go, was just told that it will not be Edmonton.

GD
.........I was hoping you'd get at least another year with us. Some of the fun will be lost if you are posted.

But if you'd like to give us the money now perhaps we can put it in the bank to collect interest so we can eat and drink even more on you.

December 9th, 2010, 4:45 pm #4

GD
As Jim said, we knew it was coming sometime. Still, we'll miss ya, dude.

But don't worry about not being here for the rest of the group build. We accept Paypal.

December 9th, 2010, 8:09 pm #5

GD
Gee just when we are having fun you have to go away. What the heck is up with that. Who do I have to speak to to give them a piece of my mind

In this day and age with the internet I think you modelling from afar would not be a problem until you have to show the model on the table.

Will certainly miss you if you get shipped out before May but here's hoping it happens later in the summer. That will probably be the case right with school kids and all that.

December 9th, 2010, 9:48 pm #6

I'll mail my T-Bird to someone if I can't make it... and if someone doesn't finish their build, I expect a couple cans of beer and 6 wings mailed back to me! ahah!

I really thought I would be able to stay in Edmonton for another couple years. It was looking like that was going to be the case until yesterday.

I'm slowly getting a better idea of where I am going. It might be Esquimalt, Comox, Shilo, or Somewhere Else. So, even if I am posted, if its in BC, it won't be that far away.

GD

December 9th, 2010, 11:42 pm #7

Sounds like they are going to stick you on a boat but you could get lucky and get posted to Comox.

December 10th, 2010, 3:32 am #8

promoted & posted.

If I go to Esquimalt, it won't be on ship - I'll be the Medical Plans officer for Joint Task Force Pacific. Comox would be a better go for many reasons, but mainly, I would be the Commanding Officer of the Health Services Centre. Kind of a long shot as a: I am the wrong MOC to command a clinic, b: they rarely give new Majors command right away. Still, if teh boss wants me there, it might happen.

Then again, if we have some people refuse the HSO course, then there won't be enough open Major positions, so I'll stay a Captain. Won't know for sure for a few more weeks.

GD

December 10th, 2010, 3:34 pm #9

I still say COMOX would be an excellent posting, the promotion would be the pastry on the beef ...

When you have your date, we will have to plan a real 'send-off' western style...

December 10th, 2010, 6:18 pm #10

I've been told this tale for the past 3 years... so until I'm wearing the rank and have a posting message in my hand, I'll file this under "warning order" for now.

But a western style send off would be great!

The good news is, that in 3 years, there will be Major positions opening up in Edmonton again.

GD