Great eats GD.....

Great eats GD.....

December 13th, 2010, 6:03 am #1

Thanks again for having the gang over. We should really do this once a month. Cheers to all.

December 13th, 2010, 4:06 pm #2

Graeme

I think we made fine guinea pigs don't you think? I enjoyed it a lot.

I like Vic's idea and I think I can host one of them. My specialty is lasagna with 3 different cheeses.

December 13th, 2010, 4:07 pm #3

Thanks again for having the gang over. We should really do this once a month. Cheers to all.
in recent and long term memory. Thanks again.

December 13th, 2010, 5:07 pm #4

I'm glad you guys were all able to make it; I never would have got to try that dish if I wasn't cooking for a crowd!

I think I will try doing some individual wellingtons at some point.

GD

December 13th, 2010, 6:14 pm #5

I would like to pop over and shadow your work so I can copy...

You can never have too much fine Beef Wellington and fine red wine....

December 13th, 2010, 8:24 pm #6

in recent and long term memory. Thanks again.
I was telling Heli that was the tastiest beef I think I've ever had. Tender and juicy, I guess wrapping it with the pastry really traps the moisture in. And I'm generally a medium-well beef eater! I think we'll have to start getting some beef from Costco, seems like it's usually pretty good.

J

December 13th, 2010, 10:12 pm #7

Thanks Jim. I am a medium or medium-well guy myself, so I was not sure about medium rare.

This is the recipe I followed (more or less):

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyle ... index.html

GD

December 14th, 2010, 4:47 am #8

The beef was great and so was the company. It was a fun time for all.

I was stuck in the snow in front of your house on the way out.

December 14th, 2010, 5:53 am #9

I was telling Heli that was the tastiest beef I think I've ever had. Tender and juicy, I guess wrapping it with the pastry really traps the moisture in. And I'm generally a medium-well beef eater! I think we'll have to start getting some beef from Costco, seems like it's usually pretty good.

J
I think Costco has some special deal with some beef farmers. Whatever cut we get from Costco it is pretty tender. Maybe the meat is just aged properly. I have had som ebeef aged 11 days and it was tough. Then I had some aged 21 days and the difference was amazing. The pork chops too are very good. A little thick for my liking but they stay moist when you cook them.

I am a medium rare guy and Rosanne is a rare meat eater. The rarer the better for her. I guess as they say opposites attract.

December 14th, 2010, 6:07 am #10

The beef was great and so was the company. It was a fun time for all.

I was stuck in the snow in front of your house on the way out.
I was just putting on my gloves to push you when I saw that you had rocked 'er out.

J