Dinner at 6PM starting with....

Dinner at 6PM starting with....

April 1st, 2010, 9:49 pm #1

First Course; Zitoni Tagiati with natural tomato sauce from Italy.
Second Course; A combination of grilled/sauce cooked hot Italian sausage, mild Italian sausage, chicken, tenderloin steak
Third Course; simple tossed garden salad
Fourth Course; a selection of cheesecake and
Italian Coffee (decaf) (Disaronto - original Amaretto, Sambuca, whipped cream, chocolate shavings)

Various side dishes and breads; feta with Olive oil, olives, eggplant in olive oil, antipasto...

While southern Italians use only the best meats etc for their meals, they take a very different view on the wine. To go with supper is 2L of Vellertri (red table) wine. This tastes very similar to their home-made wine.

If any one wants to bring a sleeping bag, that is fine.

Who is bringing a movie? I do have a modest selection.

April 1st, 2010, 10:39 pm #2

Mammia Mia! Thata soundsa bella!

Vic, do you have an HDMI input on the back of the TV? If so, I can bring along my media player and HDD. Got a few war flicks on there (still have not seen Hurt Locker, its on there too).

GD

April 2nd, 2010, 12:28 am #3

I kinda check on the backside of our two year old Bravia Sony and there are numerous ports. I am assuming it has the required connections... Please keep in mind that one movie is enough for most of these one-night get-togethers...

Last edited by ffirefighter13 on April 2nd, 2010, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 2nd, 2010, 1:02 am #4

Yep, if its only 2 years old it should have it.

I figured we'd only get through 1 movie. The way my system is set up, is I bring all 500 on small hard disk.

GD

April 2nd, 2010, 1:35 am #5

I've got the first three episodes of 'The Pacific', maybe that's an option? (Haven't watched them yet).

Jim

April 2nd, 2010, 4:29 am #6

They are good TV, but, BoB was better. Pacific seems to have been written to get the female audience, as they go more into the lovey-dovey stuff (without giving too much away).

GD

April 2nd, 2010, 5:02 am #7

Second Course; A combination of grilled/sauce cooked hot Italian sausage, mild Italian sausage, chicken, tenderloin steak
Italian Coffee (decaf) (Disaronto - original Amaretto, Sambuca, whipped cream, chocolate shavings)

Various side dishes and breads; feta with Olive oil, olives, eggplant in olive oil, antipasto...

While southern Italians use only the best meats etc for their meals, they take a very different view on the wine. To go with supper is 2L of Vellertri (red table) wine. This tastes very similar to their home-made wine.

I'll have to pack my stretchy pants.

I have the Hurt Locker DVD so no need to bring your drive Graeme if everyone is okay with watching that. I have not seen it either as yet.

So Vic BYOB right?

April 2nd, 2010, 2:25 pm #8

n

Gary
Gary

April 2nd, 2010, 3:21 pm #9

Black Sheep Squadron, Battle of Britain, Band of Brothers, you name it, I likely have it.

With Black Sheep squadron you'll hear the roar of the Pratt and Whitney's in a constant basis.

Gary
Gary

April 2nd, 2010, 3:23 pm #10

Would you like me to pick you up on the way out?

I don't think I will be pitching tent though as I have a 0830 meeting on Saturday.