Charlie and Fran

Charlie and Fran

July 16th, 2006, 10:07 pm #1

Does anybody else have a hard time watching Charlie and Fran hating each other? I know they are playing different charictors, and I really do love watching Charlie in anything he does, but I can't help but feel sad to watch them saying mean things to eachother.

July 16th, 2006, 10:38 pm #2

umm well it doesn't really bother me because I know they are just acting but in a weird way I get sad watching them argue and stuff like that. I mean when they argued on TN it didn't bother me as much becuase they always made up so I don't really know.
<3Danielle

July 17th, 2006, 2:15 am #3

Does anybody else have a hard time watching Charlie and Fran hating each other? I know they are playing different charictors, and I really do love watching Charlie in anything he does, but I can't help but feel sad to watch them saying mean things to eachother.

They are the ones arguing.

As for me, I don't feel the characters "hate" each other, is Fran who cannot let go of the fact that "Ted" was a bad (do not say the worse because he never abuse her phisically) husband...that who was being unfaithful to her all the time of their marriage, I guess even before.

Since Fran Reeves has not really forgive him, she is always fighting with him, and always mentioning to everyone the bad husband/man he is...even to their children.

Ted, still the womanizer man, just makes matter worse by venting his frustration for the fact that his son didn't finish medical school and is working as a regular clerk.

Although I don't feel sad, I wouldn't had minded that at least at one episode they shared a friendly kiss, and patch things up...for their children and their own sake...even if they didn't end up together again.

And to finish...I would had like another actor as Fran Revees boyfriend....its a chemistry thing...that's all.

Aileen

Pup In Paris:
Fran: Oh Mr. Sheffield, I just wanted you to know that these last three years have been just the best years of my life.
Max: Oh God--my children! Oh, they adored you Miss. Fine.
Fran: Ya know, now would be a good time to call me Fran.
Max: I love you.

July 17th, 2006, 2:28 am #4

I agree, I am not crazy about the actor who playes Rilley either.

July 17th, 2006, 3:25 am #5

Same here

<3Danielle

July 17th, 2006, 5:07 am #6

Haha, but we've already opened that can of worms... No need to revisit the Ryan situation...

And we can all agree we would've like to seen more interaction between Fran and Ted. Nothing more we can do now. sigh

-Gage

July 17th, 2006, 2:57 pm #7

I agree....we've beaten the "Riley" horse to death, and thankfully, it's dead and buried now. As for Fran and Charlie....it didn't bother me to see them in these roles, cuz they were just soooo darned funny! It's all about the CHEMISTRY. To me, that capture Aileen has on her response says it all....I see both Fran and Ted Reeves, AND FranD and Charlie having a blast.
I think we talked about this in chat Friday nite...in the "Healing" episode, Fran and Ted are on the couch, and she says(re:Riley hating Ted)something like "Well, he hasn't known you as long as I have"....and then she giggles. Sounded to me like a "Fran Drescher" giggle, not a "Fran Reeves" one. They really work so well together, and are like a well-oiled machine.

Jo<><
Max: Miss Fine, what would you think about a 5 mile hike up a mountain in Maui, then a helicopter ride over an active volcano?
Fran: Throw in a barium enema, and I'm there!!

July 17th, 2006, 3:45 pm #8

with you Jo. the cap of the couch scene is just great and there was definitely some Fran and Charlie in there. The other cap is also great too. The smiles on both their faces are so genuine.

July 17th, 2006, 4:15 pm #9

One thing I haven't figured out though...how come Charlie looks 13 years older than the pilot episode, and Fran looks exactly the same??!! She's a freak of nature, I tell ya!

Jo<><
Max: Miss Fine, what would you think about a 5 mile hike up a mountain in Maui, then a helicopter ride over an active volcano?
Fran: Throw in a barium enema, and I'm there!!

July 17th, 2006, 5:08 pm #10

Does anybody else think that Frans voice seems to be changing? It sounds kind of scratchy now.

And I agree that Fran still looks awesome! Charlie looks older but still very sexy!