Public Disturbance

Public Disturbance

Margot Jacobs
Experienced
Margot Jacobs
Experienced

June 18th, 2009, 8:45 pm #1

Margot nearly fell down the stairs from being in such a hurry. She took them two at a time. Luckily, the staircase was narrow so she could hold on to the walls on her descent. She crashed through the doorway to Alex's room, nearly tripped over the threshold, scurried the short distance across the floor, and dived into his bed, squealing all the while something about "interview" with barely audible shrieks of "ministry" and "monday" throughout.

Alexander Merton
Intermediate
Alexander Merton
Intermediate

June 19th, 2009, 8:47 am #2

Alex was stood with a cup of tea and thinking about and article he was writing, he hadn't had any sleep in twenty four hours and felt a little rough. He took a sip and almost spat it out, it had gone cold. He sighed and lay on his bed thinking, maybe he should get some sleep? He wasn't really sure what time of the day it was but maybe a nap could help reawaken his writing muse.
Alex was about to nod off when a bundle of energy and excitement burst in to his room and jumped on to his bed. Never in the history of the world has anyone gotten out of a bed quicker, he moved with a practically superhuman speed. He stood and looked down with confusion, someone had broken the seal of his inner sanctum and he felt uncomfortable. This was overridden though by the sight of Margot in his bed, which blew his mind. Maybe he was asleep, this could very easily be a dream.
"Erm... M... Margot." Alex said more than a little unsure of himself. He managed to pick out a few words she was saying though, something about the ministry and an interview on Monday? "You... you have an... an interview. That's... erm... that's good." He said quite pleased for her, though he wasn't doing a good job of hiding his nerves.

Margot Jacobs
Experienced
Margot Jacobs
Experienced

June 19th, 2009, 2:57 pm #3

"YES!" Margot yelled, standing on the bed and then jumping off, hopping up and down with a letter in her hand. She started spinning, talking as she twirled, "Monday... with a guy... in the Department... Amon Boothe... gonna be... working for Ministry!" Dizziness got the best of her and she collapsed onto the floor.

"I'm just so excited to be moving on in life," she said, putting a hand to her head, as she still felt like it was spinning, "I feel like I've been stuck in the same rut for too long."

Alexander Merton
Intermediate
Alexander Merton
Intermediate

June 19th, 2009, 3:17 pm #4

Alex just nodded, he was very happy for her but he was somewhat stunned by her buzz of activity in his room. Then she was on the floor, he smiled, bent over, and offered her his hand.
"Well you won't be any... any longer. You're a bound to get the... erm... job." Alex told her honestly and then realised something. Amon Boothe. He had heard that name before. His eyes opened wide. "Did you say Amon Boothe?" He asked her concerned, all nerves had gone and were replaced by worry.
Working at the prophet gave him a lot of gossip and he'd heard things about Boothe, things which made him think he would never employ someone like Margot. He liked the way she was, but Boothe seemed to be a square of the highest order and somewhat of a malicious sleaze.

((OOC: These opinions of Merton's are all based on rumour at the prophet... and that one post I read of his in the ball. If they don't match the character that's fine as it's only speculation anyway.))

Margot Jacobs
Experienced
Margot Jacobs
Experienced

June 19th, 2009, 4:25 pm #5

Margot read the concern all over Alex's face. She took his hand and settled herself with legs crossed beside him on the bed. Her dark hair draped over her left shoulder as she unfolded the letter, looking again at the signature at the bottom. "Yeah, erm... Amon Boothe - it says it right there." She showed him the letter.

"Why? Something wrong with him?" She asked, one eyebrow cocked in obvious worry and curiosity.

((I think you've got him right.))

Alexander Merton
Intermediate
Alexander Merton
Intermediate

June 19th, 2009, 4:56 pm #6

As Alex looked at her he knew he had a decision to make, what to say. Should he tell her the truth or should he lie? "Well... I... erm... you see... it's..." He couldn't do it, he couldn't bring himself to make her worried or upset. Besides it would probably be better if she wasn't nervous and worried when she went in to see him. "No, I... erm... I was just curious. I... I think I've heard his name before. That's, that's all."

Margot Jacobs
Experienced
Margot Jacobs
Experienced

June 19th, 2009, 5:01 pm #7

Margot wasn't sure that she bought it. "Really?" She asked, staring right into his eyes as if trying to read his mind. She'd never tried at Legilimency, but sometimes wished that she had.

"Are you sure? I mean, is he ugly or something?" She joked, easing up a bit.

Alexander Merton
Intermediate
Alexander Merton
Intermediate

June 19th, 2009, 5:42 pm #8

"I... well... I don't think he's ugly. It's just that... I've heard he's hard to interview." Alex said with sudden elation, he hated to lie to her and this, at least, was the truth. He sat on the bed as he was a little mentally exhausted. It was only once he had sat down that the remembered she was sat there and the result was that now he was sat next to her. He wanted to get up but thought that would be rude. "Any idea what... what....the interview will... erm... entail?"

Margot Jacobs
Experienced
Margot Jacobs
Experienced

June 20th, 2009, 4:06 pm #9

"Well, my mom told me that in that Department, the interview is largely to determine whether or not you will fairly represent the different divisions." She shrugged, wondering what else might come up. "I mean, they don't want a half-breed hater in there, you know?"

"I'm sure it'll include the normal stuff as well - background, NEWTs, and the like. I got an O in my Care of Magical Creatures NEWT and an E in Defense Against the Dark Arts, so I'm not worried about that. And I think working at The Menagerie is a good thing as well."

Alexander Merton
Intermediate
Alexander Merton
Intermediate

June 21st, 2009, 4:54 pm #10

"It can only help." Alex assured her, it would help. Besides he could be being too pessimistic as Margot clearly knew what a lot about magical creatures. Amon might look over her eccentric nature, though in his opinion that should be considered and asset.
"I... erm..." He had no idea what he was supposed to say to people, especially an attractive girl sat on his bed. "When is the, the err... interview? Oh! Monday, you said, sorry." He felt like an idiot for not remembering but he had been grasping for something to say, anything.