Help spread the word - Forward this message to interested parties and relevant discussion groups!
Refer journalists and editors to my media kit:
Pathological narcissism may be the undiscovered, and most under-reported, epidemic of our age.
Some (like Christopher Lasch) say that our whole civilization is infected with narcissism.
Many (maybe even the majority of) criminals and abusers are narcissists, or have narcissistic traits.
So what is "Narcissistic Abuse"?
All of these, and more, are part of it:
· Emotional abuse,
· Mental cruelty,
· Systematic abusive manipulation,
· Pathological control,
· Pathological deceit,
Narcissistic Abuse can, and does, occur in any setting. It can affect one person, or an entire community.
· In a relationship,
· In a family,
· In the workplace,
· In School or College
· In any other community,
Wherever it occurs, Narcissistic Abuse always causes lasting damage , often serious damage, sometimes very permanent damage.
Narcissistic Abuse is difficult to prove at all, let alone sanction or control.
For the victims recovery can take far to long. There are too few resources and too little is understood.
SO WHAT CAN WE DO TOGETHER TO CHANGE THAT?
(I can be contacted directly for any assistance I can give, with the following, at email@example.com)
1. Ask your local library to buy books about narcissism and narcissistic abuse.
2. Ask your local bookstores to buy books about narcissism and narcissistic abuse.
3. Contact journalists, columnists, talk show hosts, and other people in the media and tell them about narcissism and narcissistic abuse.
4. Establish an online or offline reading group, perhaps in collaboration with your local library or bookstore.
5. Tell your psychologist, therapist, psychiatrist, or social worker about narcissism and narcissistic abuse.
6. Open your OWN NARCISSISM WEB SITE! Mirror (replicate) my web site content FREE of charge - and let me help you, step by step, to create your web site! (contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Feel free to link to, reprint (on the Web) or quote (in a book or in a Web site) any article found on these Web sites (with appropriate credits and link back to the original):
In a book or a print article, quotes should be attributed to "Sam Vaknin, author of Malignant Self-love - Narcissism Revisited" and other books about personality disorders (www.narcissistic-abuse.com)
You can also upload or embed any or all of the videos here http://www.youtube.com/samvaknin on your YouTube channel or Website.
HOW CAN I HELP YOU FURTHER?
I can provide:
· Annotated lists of recommended reading
· Resources, links, reading group guides, and tutorials
· Copies of my book and other materials
· Background material and references
· I am available for interviews and know of others who are
· Any other assistance that may be needed
Help fight Narcissistic Abuse!
Sam Vaknin, Visiting Professor of Psychology, Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia and Professor of Finance and Psychology in CIAPS
http://www.narcissistic-abuse.com/mediakit.html (Sam Vaknin's Media Kit and Press Room)
http://www.youtube.com/samvaknin (Narcissists, Psychopaths, Abuse)
http://www.youtube.com/vakninmusings (World in Conflict and Transition)
http://www.youtube.com/vakninsays (Sayings of Wisdom and Inanity)
http://www.narcissistic-abuse.com (Malignant Self-love: Narcissism Revisited)
1 post • Page 1 of 1
How Can I Fight Narcissistic Abuse?
- Joined: February 15th, 2007, 6:30 pm