You Are Cordially Invited ....

You Are Cordially Invited ....

November 5th, 2011, 4:56 am #1

Dear friends of the Present Truth Forum. We (the BSF moderators) would cordially invite one and all to join us on the Bible Students Forum for civil dialogue and friendly debate on the Harvest Message.

We ask only that you follow the guidelines (so please read them before you join), be respectful, and when signing up, use the same names you use here on the Present Truth Forum. (e.g. Jonalfred. Harold, Regan, etc.)

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or contact me via e-mail.

Rolando Rodriguez

Bro. Harold
Bro. Harold

November 5th, 2011, 12:13 pm #2

RR: You mean that I am no longer blocked from your board? How charitable! What a lovely Christian change of heart!

Bro. Harold

November 5th, 2011, 2:36 pm #3

... with the new forum installed last year, no one has been blocked. Due to a glitch in the database. I had to start over. The ones blocked have been spammers.

November 5th, 2011, 6:59 pm #4

Dear friends of the Present Truth Forum. We (the BSF moderators) would cordially invite one and all to join us on the Bible Students Forum for civil dialogue and friendly debate on the Harvest Message.

We ask only that you follow the guidelines (so please read them before you join), be respectful, and when signing up, use the same names you use here on the Present Truth Forum. (e.g. Jonalfred. Harold, Regan, etc.)

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or contact me via e-mail.

Rolando Rodriguez
Hello RR,

Why?

Just for the one topic- until one disagrees.

Has your sign up rules, that basically said that one that disagrees can't post such, changed?

I decided not to lend my voice in a sectarian controlled forum such as yours. And don't give me that ' it is not yours, it's the lord's site, baloney.

So have you and your monitors had a change of mind?

Sincerely, PPCM
Last edited by PPCM on November 5th, 2011, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 5th, 2011, 7:24 pm #5

The invitation still stands, the rest is up to you.

If we disagree, then we disagree. I just don't want it going down the "Kelly's Heroes" route. You old timers know what that reference means. LOL

jonalfred
jonalfred

November 6th, 2011, 2:47 am #6

Are you kidding?

"We ask only that you follow the guidelines (so please read them before you join), be respectful, and when signing up, use the same names you use here on the Present Truth Forum. (e.g. Jonalfred. Harold, Regan, etc.)"

This means you invite us to come and abide by rules you refuse to abide by here? viz., you are disrespectful, you post under various names to avoid detection... What's the matter, are you feeling out of control? Seems it would make more sense to have an agreed upon set of guidelines. For instance... correcting all the mis-statements you've made regarding this movement... stating as fact what you don't know to be true, and which generally isn't.

November 6th, 2011, 3:30 am #7

... if that's the case, c'mon over and correct those misstatements.

RR

David
David

November 6th, 2011, 5:47 pm #8

Rolando Rodriguez
For the record, I consider your invitation to all here as being in the same spirit as our teacher, whom both groups strive to imitate. This is excellent, and praiseworthy!

In Christ, and his love toward all his brothers and sisters,

David

November 6th, 2011, 8:33 pm #9

You know ... the brethren here and I have had this "love/Hate relationship. And for the record, I certainly don't hate anyone here. It's a a figure-of-speech. We have been going at it since this forum first began, well over 10 years ago. We had some fun times, and we always knew where each other stood. In the old days when there were various "species" of Bible Students here, along with JW's, pro as well as xjws going at it. Many have moved on, never to be heard of again, others come and go and others have passed.

I have always had respect for everyone here, well, at least the regulars, even during the heated debates. It was here where my troubles with the DAWN began and continues (I think it continues, I stopped caring a long time ago.)

The invitation stands, it's not a trap I don't plan on banning anyone because they disagree with me. People diagree all the time. I just don't want this to go down a road where there is no return. I want things to be civil. There is much we agree on, and then there is much we do not agree on.

RR

Bro. Harold
Bro. Harold

November 6th, 2011, 9:16 pm #10

RR. What you say is very interesting. My question for you is this..."will you allow postings on your website that challenge the thought that the high calling is still open? Will you allow opposing discussions of this? Your invitation coming now for no explainable reason does raise some suspicion. Remember the old saying "Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly?"

Bro. Harold