Help!

Help!

Susan Cross
Susan Cross

April 29th, 2007, 9:48 pm #1

Dear people,

I am trying to research the small-unit organizations of Turkey, Spain, Albania, Ireland and Luxemburg during 1939-1945. I have posted my question about Spain on several forums, but I seem to be having trouble with El Gran Capitan--if anyone is a member of that forum, would they post for me the message:

¿Por favor, cuál es la fuerza de la compañía española del rifle 1939-1945? ¿Cuántos hombres en la compañía establecen jefatura? ¿Cuántos secciones en la compañía y cuántos hombres en el seccione establecen jefatura? ¿Cuántos pelotons en el seccione? ¿Cuántos hombres en el seccione? ¿Qué armas tienen? Gracias por adelantado.

(rant deleted so I won't appear to be a shrewish harridan--SRC)

Thanks for putting up with me.

Susan

Last edited by soucee on April 29th, 2007, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erik Ahlström
Erik Ahlström

April 29th, 2007, 10:19 pm #2

One of the best things about this hobby is that we can all share our information and thoughts no matter who we are, we are all equal.
Age, race and definatly sex shouldent matter and it doesent to me at least.
It sadens me that we today, 2007 still have to hear about these things.
Susan, you have my sympathy, I wish I could help you (and I hope and trust that someone will), but I dont speak/read or write spanish but if I can do ANYTHING to help you, please let me know.

Yours

Erik Ahlström
Sweden

Susan Cross
Susan Cross

April 30th, 2007, 3:57 am #3

One of the things I treasure most about this site is the civility.

April 30th, 2007, 2:35 pm #4

Dear people,

I am trying to research the small-unit organizations of Turkey, Spain, Albania, Ireland and Luxemburg during 1939-1945. I have posted my question about Spain on several forums, but I seem to be having trouble with El Gran Capitan--if anyone is a member of that forum, would they post for me the message:

¿Por favor, cuál es la fuerza de la compañía española del rifle 1939-1945? ¿Cuántos hombres en la compañía establecen jefatura? ¿Cuántos secciones en la compañía y cuántos hombres en el seccione establecen jefatura? ¿Cuántos pelotons en el seccione? ¿Cuántos hombres en el seccione? ¿Qué armas tienen? Gracias por adelantado.

(rant deleted so I won't appear to be a shrewish harridan--SRC)

Thanks for putting up with me.

Susan

Susan,

I don't know the answers and I am not member of El Gran Capitán, but below are your questions translated into Spanish.

"Estoy investigando la organización y equipo de las unidades del ejército español entre 1939-45 y tengo algunas dudas: ¿Cuál era la plantilla de una compañía de fusiles de la época? ¿Cuántas secciones componían una compañía? ¿Cuantos pelotones formaban una sección? ¿Cuál era el armamento de dotación en las compañías, secciones y pelotones? ¿Cuál era la composición del mando de cada una de estas unidades?.
Gracias."

I hope it will help you,

Amadeo

Susan Cross
Susan Cross

May 1st, 2007, 3:08 am #5

MM.GG. (= "muchas gracias")

Maybe they were mad at me for my miserable Spanish?

Susan Cross
Susan Cross

May 1st, 2007, 8:11 am #6

Susan,

I don't know the answers and I am not member of El Gran Capitán, but below are your questions translated into Spanish.

"Estoy investigando la organización y equipo de las unidades del ejército español entre 1939-45 y tengo algunas dudas: ¿Cuál era la plantilla de una compañía de fusiles de la época? ¿Cuántas secciones componían una compañía? ¿Cuantos pelotones formaban una sección? ¿Cuál era el armamento de dotación en las compañías, secciones y pelotones? ¿Cuál era la composición del mando de cada una de estas unidades?.
Gracias."

I hope it will help you,

Amadeo
A friend posted my question on ElGranCapitan, and the answer is

a company had 4 officers, 7 sub-officers and 152 men

HQ (Capitain)
3 seccions(Teniente or Alferez)
PLM
50mm mortar
2 pelotons (Sargento)
Rifle Escuadra
LMG Escuadra

Nothing on the number of men at each level below company, but this is something at least.