Who Would You Play?

Announcements of performances, questions, thoughts, ect...anything related to a stage production of the story.

Who Would You Play?

Johnny's Angel
Posts 0
Johnny's Angel

04 Nov 2006, 05:06 #1

If your school staged a production of "The Outsiders", who would you play? Would you even act in it? Or would you be part of the crew, like a stage hand or prompter?

I would definitely try out for Cherry, but I know I wouldn't get it. I would then go for some kind of hands-on crew job. :D What would you do?

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

04 Nov 2006, 06:23 #2

Honestly.. maybe Marcia? I can't remember her character much - but the acting portrayal of her in the movie reminded me of myself.
They say one day your life will flash before your eyes.
Make it worth watching.

marsonfire
Supreme Member
marsonfire
Supreme Member

04 Nov 2006, 06:45 #3

Well there are a grand total of 2 girl parts, so that's not much to work with lol.

Probably Marcia would be better for me. I wouldn't want too big a part, I'd be nervous.

(If it was a magic play and I could audition for the guys' parts and it'd be normal (lol) I think I'd want to play Darry.

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

04 Nov 2006, 10:49 #4

marsonfire @ Nov 4 2006, 12:45 AM wrote: Well there are a grand total of 2 girl parts, so that's not much to work with LOL.

Probably Marcia would be better for me. I wouldn't want too big a part, I'd be nervous.

(If it was a magic play and I could audition for the guys' parts and it'd be normal (LOL) I think I'd want to play Darry.
Yeah i agree I'd like to play Dallas
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Total_Geek325
Posts 0
Total_Geek325

04 Nov 2006, 22:37 #5

I've actually thought of this. I wouldn't play a part, but I would probably want to be stage manager. You know, make sure thay don't make a complete mockery of the book. If they even thought of making it a musical I would slap my teacher.
Singing Greasers??? Ewww..... :angry:

Ryker
Posts 0
Ryker

06 Nov 2006, 12:12 #6

Well, I'm not much of an actress, LOL, so I would play one of the smallest parts, like Marcia.

If they didn't mind gals playing guys, then I'd play Tim, hehe.

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

06 Nov 2006, 13:08 #7

I.. um.. scenery? Heh. Wardrobe!

I'm not big on doing performances, but I could maybe do something like Marcia.
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

06 Nov 2006, 18:01 #8

I love doing performances, but I can't see myself doing any of the characters in the book. Maybe Cherry since she has the most lines as a girl. If I would do a guy scene, I could do Darry maybe. Or Two-Bit - yeah, I think I would enjoy doing Two-Bit.

But if not, I would like to be in the back working on hair. Because I like doing hair and then watch people go out and get compliments on their hair and then giving myseld inward airs... 'I did their hair! =D' LOL

this is a cool question!
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
All gave some, he gave all.
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Rounding third and headed for Heaven

Johnny's Angel
Posts 0
Johnny's Angel

07 Nov 2006, 01:57 #9

Yeah, Two-bit would be so fun to act! I feel like I relate to him more than some other characters. It'd be Johnny, Pony and then him. Definitely. :D

sodapopz
Posts 0
sodapopz

07 Mar 2007, 05:25 #10

if girls could be guys.. id try for the part of Steve.
OR i'd like to be behind a camera.

#1 outsiders fan
Advanced Member
#1 outsiders fan
Advanced Member

07 Mar 2007, 23:23 #11

i had this dream at one point that I was most defintly going to play Cherry it some way or another. personality wise I'm alot like Cherry Valance, but my hairs not red. Probaly her though. i know I would be in the play though.
"Man that was a tuff car, mustangs are tuff"

~Summer Nicole~

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

08 Mar 2007, 18:33 #12

Okay if there was the slightly chance i could pass for a sixteen year old boy I suspose Johnny. I'm still kinda quite like him unless I make myself talk which i try to do everytime I go out. At my age Shyness is mistook for snobyness. (Is that how you spell that) So I try to make myself talk to strangers even though my heart would be going a mile a minute. Strange thing is when I was a teenager I was not as shy as I am now.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Amy_the_coolest_of_cool
Posts 0
Amy_the_coolest_of_cool

11 Mar 2007, 23:12 #13

hmm, nice forum

i love preforming and being on stage, so cherry. of course, id have to wear a red wig so id look horrible.

if it was a musical, i wouldnt be in it. i wouldnt even go see it unless i needed to laugh for a few hours.

Victoria_Curtis
Posts 0
Victoria_Curtis

11 Mar 2007, 23:16 #14

Total_Geek325 @ Nov 4 2006, 04:37 PM wrote: I've actually thought of this. I wouldn't play a part, but I would probably want to be stage manager. You know, make sure thay don't make a complete mockery of the book. If they even thought of making it a musical I would slap my teacher.
Singing Greasers cant possibly be worse then a singing Frodo no offence to an LOTR fans out there but I hated the musical. I would audition for the part of Cherry but if there was such magic to let me play a boy part I would probably choose Ponyboy I am like ponyboy in so many ways but I wouldnt mind a bit play Sodapop :rolleyes:

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

12 Mar 2007, 03:25 #15

Victoria_Curtis @ Mar 11 2007, 06:16 PM wrote:
Total_Geek325 @ Nov 4 2006, 04:37 PM wrote: I've actually thought of this. I wouldn't play a part, but I would probably want to be stage manager. You know, make sure thay don't make a complete mockery of the book. If they even thought of making it a musical I would slap my teacher.
Singing Greasers cant possibly be worse then a singing Frodo no offence to an LOTR fans out there but I hated the musical. I would audition for the part of Cherry but if there was such magic to let me play a boy part I would probably choose Ponyboy I am like ponyboy in so many ways but I wouldnt mind a bit play Sodapop :rolleyes:
There's a LOTR musical? Gah.
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

12 Mar 2007, 04:47 #16

Ces @ Mar 11 2007, 10:25 PM wrote: There's a LOTR musical? Gah.
Nasty! LOL
Make it worth watching.

Victoria_Curtis
Posts 0
Victoria_Curtis

12 Mar 2007, 13:06 #17

Jessica Dawn @ Mar 11 2007, 10:47 PM wrote: Nasty! LOL
Yup but I think its only here in Toronto I dont think it has travelled anywhere else I laughesd through half of it and was bored through the other half. My friend just kept giving me this dirty looks to shut up but it was hilarious singing hobbits.

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

12 Mar 2007, 13:44 #18

that's funny, I never got into that, I watched the first five minutes of the first movie and I was completely lost.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

12 Mar 2007, 15:55 #19

Angle @ Mar 12 2007, 08:44 AM wrote: that's funny, I never got into that, I watched the first five minutes of the first movie and I was completely lost.
LOTR? I thought the movies were good, so I decided to read the books - but I couldn't get into them!
Make it worth watching.

equestriangurl
Posts 0
equestriangurl

13 May 2007, 22:32 #20

I would go for marcia or Cherry. First choice being Cherry.

Anna
Posts 0
Anna

30 Jun 2007, 21:53 #21

If I could play any of the boys, I'd like to be Dallas, because he's so different from me... it would be fun!

Amy_the_coolest_of_cool
Posts 0
Amy_the_coolest_of_cool

01 Jul 2007, 12:57 #22

if i couldnt get into the show, id be costume designer. weird as it sounds, the one thing i play close attention to while watching a movie/play ect. are the outfits they wear. i think itd be interesting to pick out the clothing for he greasers and socs.

equestriangurl
Posts 0
equestriangurl

16 Jul 2007, 21:02 #23

If there was any way in heck I could pass for a 14 year old guy [although my friends told that wiht a base ball hat and in gym shorts I oculd pass for a guy, gah there so wonderful :rolleyes: ] I would play pony boy, were alot alike in personalities, except that I am not shy. Like him, I dont like to fight, but Im not afriad to.

greaserlove
Posts 0
greaserlove

02 Oct 2007, 03:19 #24

I'd try out for Cherry or Marcia. I'm hoping to recommend doing a play of The Outsiders for the spring production my highschool does every two years.

09 Sep 2009, 21:55 #25

Probably Johnny :) I'm a girl, but i could pass. I'm pretty thin and small. even tho i'm pale, i could just put on tan make-up. I have to brown hair and long bangs and big brown eyes. I'm naturally shy, especially on stage, so i could do his part easily. plus he's my favorite!!!!!!!!!