Which Greaser Are You Most Like & Why?

Discuss the book, the author, the writing style, character analizations, and anything else related to this literary classic here.

Which Greaser Are You Most Like & Why?

Kelsey17
Posts 0
Kelsey17

24 Dec 2005, 18:27 #1

Which greaser(s) are you most like? and why?

marsonfire
Supreme Member
marsonfire
Supreme Member

24 Dec 2005, 22:28 #2

I think I am a mix of Johnny, Pony and Darry. I see aspects in them that I identify with myself. I don't really see myself in the other characters at all, just those three. I would say mostly Ponyboy though.

I am quiet and shy like Johnny, I have an anxiety disorder, so I see that as a similarity. With Darry, he is responsible and the most adult of the group, and I tend to go for responsibility over fun. With Pony, I think his way of looking at things, his questioning nature and his attitude towards education and learning is similar to me. He also tends to think a lot and try to analyze things a lot like I do.

I wish I had more qualities like Soda...and I wish I had Dally's ability to not let things affect me. His ability to turn cold and hard when he needs to would really come in handy.

twobitsgirl
Posts 0
twobitsgirl

24 Dec 2005, 23:29 #3

I would say that I'm a mixture of Two-bit,Sodapop and Ponyboy because I see a little bit of myself in all three.Two-bit for the sense of humor,Sodapop for the understanding and Ponyboy for the sensitivity.

IlovePonyboy:)
Posts 0
IlovePonyboy:)

25 Dec 2005, 00:30 #4

I think I'm mostly like Ponyboy, but I also am like Johnny and maybe a little bit of Soda. I really connect to Ponyboy and I'm shy like Johnny and happy go lucky like Soda. :D

JamesDeanismygod
Posts 0
JamesDeanismygod

25 Dec 2005, 02:53 #5

I would say I am most like Ponyboy and Dallas.

Rusty James
Supreme Member
Rusty James
Supreme Member

25 Dec 2005, 11:10 #6

JamesDeanismygod @ Dec 24 2005, 08:53 PM wrote: I would say I am most like Ponyboy and Dallas.
Same here! :)
Let's do it for Johnny, man. We'll do it for Johnny!- Matt Dillon

Kelsey17
Posts 0
Kelsey17

25 Dec 2005, 13:21 #7

I think i'm most like ponyboy & johnny, but a bit of dally too. I'm like ponyboy because iam deep and I think about things a lot trying to figure them out like he does. I'm shy and strong willed like johnny. and I can be hard or cold when i want to be like dally.

staygold_greaser
Posts 0
staygold_greaser

26 Dec 2005, 22:42 #8

I'm most deffinatly Ponyboy. I used to be so different, but now I'm so much like him it almost scares me sometimes. I used to be loud and annoying, now I'm generally quiet and understanding. i love to read and write and draw, and sunsets are really the greatest. i'm really lucky, too, i have great friends like Johnny and Soda, only they're not. Brittany and Hannah are my best friends and they're always there. They listen to me complain and nag, and don't seem to mind.
I'm so lucky to have friends like them.

PonyboyFangirl
Posts 0
PonyboyFangirl

26 Dec 2005, 22:58 #9

I have to say i'm most like Ponyboy X3 i said why a while(And i mean more than one day ago...0o;; ) ago here, and i dun feel like saying it again |3;;

soda_79
soda_79

26 Dec 2005, 23:01 #10

I like at most Sodapop… it stand in the first place….and then Pony, Two- bit, Dallas

:)

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

27 Dec 2005, 00:39 #11

I can see a little bit of each of them in me. Mainly Pony and Soda.

Ponyboy -- I love Reading and movies. I'm a good friend.

Sodapop -- I'm understanding.

Johnny -- I don't let other people get to me, and stay true to myself. I don't let other people tell me what to be.

Two-bit -- I've got a sense of humor, and try to make the best of a bad situation.

Darry -- I care about my family, and I'm a hard worker.

Dallas -- Sometimes I just tune everyone out. I can be mean when I wanna be.

luvjohnny4ever
Posts 0
luvjohnny4ever

03 Jan 2006, 00:43 #12

def. johnny bcuz i am so shy. jhnny is also not book smart but deep down he likes too read and stuff. i have a best friend who is exactly like pony bcuz she likes sunsets and stuff. she is also really smart. when wer 2gether we talk about books weve read and like too watch sunsets like pony and johnny. its really neat! :D

ponyboys_sunset
Posts 0
ponyboys_sunset

05 Jan 2006, 23:21 #13

#1 is Ponyboy - because i'm a dreamer like him. i have many people from all sorts of life, around me, but i do "stay gold" in my own right.

#too is Johnny - i realize a lot of things just as he does

Dallas - though i can seem tough on the outside, i can hurt deeply on the inside.

Two-Bit - i love to joke around

Darry - i am very responsible and love to care for others

Steve - i can get fun crazy and be high on adrenalin

twobitsgirl
Posts 0
twobitsgirl

06 Jan 2006, 02:03 #14

I know somebody in my class named Maureen who is kind of like Ponyboy because she likes to watch sunsets and my best friend Ashley,I think is a little like Johnny because she's shy and kind of like Pony because She likes to read.I think,she read 5 books over winter break.Iguess I'm shy to like Johnny.

[ Johnnycake ]
Posts 0
[ Johnnycake ]

08 Jan 2006, 18:25 #15

I have always seen myself as a mixture of Johnny and Ponyboy.

Johnny, because I'm practically like a female version of him, both emotionally and physically. I look two years longer than I really am. (I can get into restaurants as an eleven year old and not have to pay the adult price, haha... ssshhhh.) This bugs me, the same way it bothers Johnny. I have dark brown hair but everyone seems to think it's black. My eyes are dark brown, which isn't black, but hey, I guess it's close enough. My skin is also dark, the way Johnny's was in the movie. I am quiet and sensitive, just like he is. My friends keep getting on my case for being too timid and jumpy.

Ponyboy, mainly because we share the same interests. We both love Reading and drawing and watching sunsets. And I mean love. I am also the youngest person in my group.

(What I think is pretty cool though, is that I have a close cousin that acts <you>exactly</you> like Ponyboy. She and I have a Ponyboy-Johnny relationship. I mean, we can both be quiet and know what the other this thinking. If she was in danger, I'd be there to get her out no matter what the cost, even if it would cost me later on. We're like best friends, the way that Pony and Johnny are. And all the rest.)

I can also find some of the rest of the characters in myself one way or another, don't get me wrong. Two-Bit, when I joke around. Darry, because of my responsible side. Dally, because I can be hard and tough (at times). The others, well, I guess I don't really see them in myself as much as them. -nods-

But they're in there somewhere, I just know it...

Ryker
Posts 0
Ryker

08 Jan 2006, 18:57 #16

EDIT: I had put Johnny/Pony but I am so not like that anymore.

I have anger issues, like Steve. I guess, I'm like Two-Bit too. He definetly wasn't stupid, but he was seen it, that and I have the oddest sense of humour.

bezoomny
Posts 0
bezoomny

09 Jan 2006, 23:36 #17

Probably Johnny. I'm incredibly shy, have a tendancy to act frazzled and neurotic. But that usually compells me into a really mean state where I just snap at everyone, Johnny wouldn't have done that. I look awkward, but for a completely different reason from Johnny. I'm really tall and lanky. You know the feeling that you get when you wear a dress that's about five sizes too big? You start fidgeting and get nervous. That's sorta how I feel (omg. weirdest comparison ever. I'm babbling aren't I...)

xfeverx
Posts 0
xfeverx

29 Jan 2006, 02:51 #18

I'm probably a mixture of Johnny, Ponyboy, and Two-Bit. I'm ultra shy and quiet with everyone except my best friends and parents. (Honestly, it's taking a lot of me to put this reply up here :unsure: ). I'm definitely a dreamer like Ponyboy, and a writer. I analyze everything I read, say, hear, think. And I love sunsets. My Two-Bit-ness would have to be when I'm around the few people I feel comfortable with, I can't stop talking and cracking jokes. I like to look on the sunny side of life, find the silver lining in every situation.

Moyboy
Posts 0
Moyboy

29 Jan 2006, 04:53 #19

For me, im a cross between most of Ponyboy, some of Soda and Johnny a little bit of Two-Bit. Ponyboy becasue I love to read and watch sunsets when i come home from school and during the summer. Also, i like to watch lots of movies (including the outsiders of course!)And he's a kid brother in his family and im a kid sister in mine. I understand people i know well like Sodapop. I'm sometimes quiet and shy except around my friends and family like how Johnny is. And a little bit Two-Bit because what comes out of my mouth sometimes is funny according to some of my friends and sisters.

ilovetheoutsiders
Posts 0
ilovetheoutsiders

30 Jan 2006, 20:40 #20

im mostly soda probably because like soda, i understand things really easily. sometimes, so much i can almost predict the future. its really scary. i get good grades unlike him but like him when it comes to studying i have the attention spand of a rodent when i study. i hate studying and school bores me except lunch. im energetic and love having fun. i get hyper more than most people do after i eat ice cream but i guess that doesnt count o yeah, im the middle child to.

#2 would be two-bit who for me is right behind soda- i love to laugh and joke around with my friend. when we hang out, we dont stop laughing cause we joke around so much.i even say things after he says it my hair is sooo long that people say i should cut and straighten it and after Reading the book ill say to them: cut and straighten? and ruin my rep? ok sorry off topic anyways...

#3would be ponyboy. i like movies and walking home alone

#4would be dally but very little because im only mean to people who are mean to me or people i dont like, im mainly a nice person

Cho
Posts 0
Cho

31 Jan 2006, 01:28 #21

I;m Dallas Winton; I can harden myself when I choose to, and I am in control of my non-existent "emotions"!

SAm
Posts 0
SAm

02 Jul 2007, 03:18 #22

I think that I am like Sodapop because, we both love horses, we dont do that well in school, we both are always happy, we never take thing sericiou (sp), and we both are the only ones who aint scared of our older brother LOL ;)

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

02 Jul 2007, 18:44 #23

Darry struggling to pay bills and I've just noticed that I tend to shout alot with out meaning too. It's due to stress. Also I will stand up and fight for my son the way Darry would for his brothers. Of course I wont fight for myself.... I used to but now I tend to let people walk all over me. However if someone says anything about my son I will take the head off them. (Not literally but I'll agure with them.)
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

02 Jul 2007, 18:50 #24

Angle @ Jul 2 2007, 01:44 PM wrote: Darry struggling to pay bills and I've just noticed that I tend to shout alot with out meaning too. It's due to stress. Also I will stand up and fight for my son the way Darry would for his brothers. Of course I wont fight for myself.... I used to but now I tend to let people walk all over me. However if someone says anything about my son I will take the head off them. (Not literally but I'll agure with them.)
Are you impersonating me?? :D
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

02 Jul 2007, 19:49 #25

Ces @ Jul 2 2007, 12:50 PM wrote: Are you impersonating me?? :D
Darn rumbled. :D
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES