What Would You Rate The Book?

Discuss the book, the author, the writing style, character analizations, and anything else related to this literary classic here.

What Would You Rate The Book?

Ellenroth
Advanced Member
Ellenroth
Advanced Member

27 Jul 2008, 18:17 #1

Hey, I was wondering what everyone would rate the book, and if you've seen the movie, what would you rate movie and what would you rate the book compared to the movie. Which was better?
"Let's do it for Johnny!"
ellen_camp_roth@hotmail.com

AJ6
AJ6

26 Nov 2008, 23:11 #2

I like both. But i like the book better.

18 Feb 2009, 01:34 #3

Well I think the book is always better, because you get more out of it. For me it's easier to understand and relate to characters when it's in writing. I would give The Outsiders book the highest rating possible because it's amazing!!

I also LOVED the movie (it's probably my favorite movie ever) I don't know how many times I have seen it. It just never gets old!
“You get tough like me and you don’t get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothin’ can touch you…

mrs.sodapop

29 Jun 2009, 03:53 #4

Book: 10/10
Movie: 9/10
Movie Compared to book: 8.5/10
1966/7 - Gold is invented.
1982/3 - Gold is made silver.
2004/5 - Gold is made pure silver.
2009- Stephalu becomes gold.

dragonchild
Advanced Member
dragonchild
Advanced Member

14 Jul 2009, 15:51 #5

It's really hard to say. There are ever so many bad movies made from good books and some jewels i.e. good movies made from good books and The Outsiders is one of those. I didn't see the cut version, that may be not so good, but the director's cut is superb.
I'd give the book 10/10 and the movie the same.
And I marvel at Mr. Coppola doing it. for Hinton's book to me seems really to be not about action but about relationships (as are all of her books I read), about love really with nothing whatsoever cheesy or blatantly sexual about it. The books show that and so do the movies I saw and I think it's a marvel they were made and obviously sold not too bad.

johnnycake_25

03 Aug 2009, 23:56 #6

oh thats a hard question....i LOVEEEEEEEE the movie and the book.

i get sad(on all the sad parts) EVERY SINGLE TIME i read/ watch the movie.

most movies off of books dont follow the book that much, but the outsiders followed the book almost perfectly. its the best following ive ever seen.

i feel the book/movie every time, so its hard to say.

outta ten.....i give the movie a 50 and the book a 50.

ya know how whenver someone asks you what your favorite movie/ book is, you just say one you like?

well now i say the outsiders and i mean it.
☼stay gold☼
"Man,that was a tuff car.Mustangs..they're tuff."