What Is Your Favorite S.e Hinton Book?

Discuss all of S.E. Hinton's other works here as well as the Movies made from them. NOTE: PLEASE TAKE CARE TO PLACE THE DISCUSSIONS IN THE PROPER BOOKS' AREA. Thank you

What Is Your Favorite S.e Hinton Book?

DallyFan
Posts 0
DallyFan

09 Jul 2005, 06:24 #1

Come discuss your favorite books.

Outsiders_Spazz15
Posts 0
Outsiders_Spazz15

10 Jul 2005, 16:41 #2

Well, hm, this is hard. I really like the outsiders, practically more then anything, but 2nd would be Rumble Fish 'cause I really liked how the book and the movie was made. Especially the movie being in black and white with some color scenes. 3rd would be That was then, This is now. I loved the book, but I wasnt too happy with the movie.

Thats my opinion :)

MsSodapopCurtis
Posts 0
MsSodapopCurtis

10 Jul 2005, 19:38 #3

Outsiders.
i can read that book over and over and never get sick

Anna
Posts 0
Anna

10 Jul 2005, 23:45 #4

MsSodapopCurtis @ Jul 10 2005, 02:38 PM wrote: Outsiders.
Same here! :)

Johnnyfan4life
Posts 0
Johnnyfan4life

11 Jul 2005, 16:30 #5

First its The Outsiders because that book really did change me and I just cant get enough of it.
Then its That was Then, This is Now because it was a really really enjoyable book, and because the characters in the book reminded me so much of my bf and his best friend.
S.E Hinton books are amasing they have changed me like no other her work is amasing.

Lizzy Jo Curtis
Advanced Member
Lizzy Jo Curtis
Advanced Member

23 Jul 2005, 17:35 #6

MsSodapopCurtis @ Jul 10 2005, 01:38 PM wrote: Outsiders.
hehe I am the exact same!
~*Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you*~

KrissyCurtis
Supreme Member
KrissyCurtis
Supreme Member

24 Jul 2005, 14:54 #7

Well obviously my fav. was the Outsiders! It's not just my favourite S.E Hinton book, it's my favourite book, period! My second favourite is definitely Tex. Mason is my absolute favourite, because he is such a great person

"In that second what Soda and Dally and Two-Bit had been trying to tell me came through. Darry did care about me"
"Maybe I'm too young, to keep good love from going wrong, but tonight you're on my mind...so, you never know"- Jeff buckley

Hayley
Posts 0
Hayley

24 Jul 2005, 19:35 #8

KrissyCurtis @ Jul 24 2005, 09:54 AM wrote: Well obviously my fav. was the Outsiders! It's not just my favourite S.E Hinton book, it's my favourite book, period! My second favourite is definitely Tex. Mason is my absolute favourite, because he is such a great person

"In that second what Soda and Dally and Two-Bit had been trying to tell me came through. Darry did care about me"
Same!

This is the order of my favourites:
1. The Outsiders
2. Tex
3. Rumble Fish
4. That Was Then THis Is Now
5. Taming the star runner

KrissyCurtis
Supreme Member
KrissyCurtis
Supreme Member

26 Jul 2005, 18:02 #9

Funky chicken! But have you seen Tex? I live in S.A and it's sooo hard to find a copy! The Outsiders was hard to find too.. took me SIX WEEKS! I like Rumble Fish too, but now to find the movie....
"Maybe I'm too young, to keep good love from going wrong, but tonight you're on my mind...so, you never know"- Jeff buckley

MegakaPonysgal
Supreme Member
MegakaPonysgal
Supreme Member

27 Jul 2005, 21:10 #10

The Outsiders is definitely my favorite, but my other fav is Tex. I've read Tex almost as many times as I've read The Outsiders. It's almost as good, but not quite that good. :)
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.-The Fray "All at Once"

KrissyCurtis
Supreme Member
KrissyCurtis
Supreme Member

31 Jul 2005, 11:23 #11

I totally agree! I think it's not as good because it doesn't have as many hot guys! Still it's a fantastic book! I am dying to see Tex!!! All I can do is look at pictures! Mason looks even better than I expected!

Kiss_me_Im_Contagious
Posts 0
Kiss_me_Im_Contagious

01 Aug 2005, 01:29 #12

Of course Outsiders is my favorite but second would have to be that was then this is now. Not only did i like the storyline but i just love it when authors write books that sort of crossover with their previous ones. I loved how they had Ponyboy and the Shepards in it.

I favor them in this order.

1. The Outsiders
2. That was then This is Now
3. Tex
4. Rumble Fish
5. Taming the Star Runner

shiiireeen
Posts 0
shiiireeen

04 Aug 2005, 16:03 #13

MsSodapopCurtis @ Jul 10 2005, 01:38 PM wrote: Outsiders.
SAME HERE I LOVE THE OUTSIDERS..i can never put it down!

i_love_ponyboys_eyes
Posts 0
i_love_ponyboys_eyes

21 Aug 2005, 21:12 #14

Outsiders.
LOL, like everyone else on this forum...I'm the exact same way! I have read it a countless number of times, and everytime I read it, I experience it and fall in love with it allll over again!!

Steve'sgirl4ever
Posts 0
Steve'sgirl4ever

22 Aug 2005, 19:50 #15

Outsiders...

it's The BEST book in the World!!! :D

MegakaPonysgal
Supreme Member
MegakaPonysgal
Supreme Member

22 Aug 2005, 22:58 #16

KrissyCurtis @ Jul 31 2005, 06:23 AM wrote: I totally agree! I think it's not as good because it doesn't have as many hot guys! Still it's a fantastic book! I am dying to see Tex!!! All I can do is look at pictures! Mason looks even better than I expected!
Have you seen it yet? I know you'll love it. Is it just me, or do you think in the movie, Tex seemed more goofy than sweet? I still love it and they did a great job of making it like the book. The only thing is that he seems too goofy. I think they did a great job with Mason, excet they didn't show his sweet side enough. I love the part where he takes off Tex's shoes. So sweet and brotherly. I hope you see it soon if you haven't yet!
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.-The Fray "All at Once"

ilovetheoutsiders
Posts 0
ilovetheoutsiders

24 Dec 2005, 21:04 #17

the outsiders hands down. its the best book EVER!!!

Moyboy
Posts 0
Moyboy

19 Jan 2006, 22:32 #18

ilovetheoutsiders @ Dec 24 2005, 03:04 PM wrote: the outsiders hands down. its the best book EVER!!!
Ditto. Ever since i bought my book at Borders, i Read out loud one chapter a night before i go to bed from the beginning to end. When im done reading the book, i simply Read it again xp.

Christian
Advanced Member
Christian
Advanced Member

20 Jan 2006, 00:33 #19

Guys did SE Hinton ever look up to anybody?? For some reason I am always thinkin this out of the 3 books I Read so far. The Outsiders Pony looks up to Soda, Johnny looks up to Dally-That Was Then, This Is Now Bryon looks up to Mark- Rumble Fish Rusty-James looks up to the Motorcycle Boy. I was just wondering if she developed that "trait" of her characters by her own life? But I love in Rumble Fish when Smokey and Rusty-James are talking outside Bennys. I can't believe Rusty-James didn't knock off his block!
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
- Robert Frost

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

20 Jan 2006, 00:37 #20

Christian @ Jan 19 2006, 06:33 PM wrote: Guys did SE Hinton ever look up to anybody?? For some reason I am always thinkin this out of the 3 books I Read so far. The Outsiders Pony looks up to Soda, Johnny looks up to Dally-That Was Then, This Is Now Bryon looks up to Mark- Rumble Fish Rusty-James looks up to the Motorcycle Boy. I was just wondering if she developed that "trait" of her characters by her own life? But I love in Rumble Fish when Smokey and Rusty-James are talking outside Bennys. I can't believe Rusty-James didn't knock off his block!
I think everybody has to have somebody to look up to.

Christian
Advanced Member
Christian
Advanced Member

20 Jan 2006, 20:30 #21

shadowedwolf @ Jan 19 2006, 06:37 PM wrote: I think everybody has to have somebody to look up to.
Ok let me rephrase that... WHO did she look up to?
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
- Robert Frost

bovril
Supreme Member
bovril
Supreme Member

20 Jan 2006, 21:48 #22

the outsiders is definatley my fave, then the order is:-
taming the star runner
tex
twt tin
rumble fish
Hunt the Hunter

Facebook =]

soda_79
soda_79

20 Jan 2006, 21:50 #23

1. The Outsiders.... *I love the book*.... :)
2. Tex
3. That was then This is Now
4. Rumble Fish

[ Johnnycake ]
Posts 0
[ Johnnycake ]

21 Jan 2006, 07:40 #24

The Outsiders, by far, is my favorite book by S.E. Hinton. :)

Then comes That Was Then, This Is Now.

Then Tex.

Then Rumble Fish.

Well, actually, Rumble Fish and Tex are interchangable. :3

S.E. Hinton = Awesome!

mingus03
Posts 0
mingus03

04 Jun 2006, 00:40 #25

The Outsiders by far! LOL..it was the first one I read and the one I liked the best!