Website Will Be Getting Updated Soon...

Just FYI for fans that I am doing some much needed improvements and 'departmentalizing' on the website...any thoughts or ideas? Place them here!

Website Will Be Getting Updated Soon...

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

17 Mar 2010, 20:00 #1

Hi all
with having been ill since last fall, the site hasn't been touched. I just realized that today when I looked and saw that the last update was when Patrick passed away.

There's not much to update with, but I will be adding the information regarding the celebration at the Admiral Twin in April (see the 'Just Chatter'area of the board for details on that) as well as any other news / info as it comes along.

Again, sorry for the stagnant site and I'm hoping to dust the cobwebs off and freshen things up over there.

Stay Gold!!
Jenn
Jenn - Webmaster / Forum Admin.
The Outsiders Official Book and Movie website

johnnyandsodalover4life
Supreme Member

25 Mar 2010, 12:22 #2

Thanks, Jenn! And I'm sorry that you were sick since last fall. :(

One quick question: Any new still shot pictures or the likes for the official site?
Johnny Cade-- My Guardian Angel

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

25 Mar 2010, 12:33 #3

no, I'm sorry to say there aren't. I think we've pretty much cornered the market on those. I've not seen anything *new* in a very very long time (like a few years).

Not sure how I'm going to freshen up the site w/o having new material, but I'm going to try.

25 Jan 2011, 14:49 #4

I think that is cool this place could use a good cleaning. You should be able to talk with the other members more easily and lots of more disscussions. thanks
"Having a brother like Soda your never bored.
~Ponyboy Curtis~

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

25 Jan 2011, 19:16 #5

care to leave some suggestions???

Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

11 Jun 2011, 15:57 #6

well, so much for "getting updated soon". It's been over a year and the last update was when the Admiral burned. I am committed to getting SOMETHING done over the summer to freshen things up.

Some things I will be adding are links to Amazon.com for Rob Lowe's new autobiography, and that sort of thing. Remember, if you purchase through these links you are helping to support the website [keeping it up and running].

I'm gonna go in and look at any suggestions that have been made here in the forum over the years in case some haven't been covered or considered. If you have any new ones, please do leave them.

:19:

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

07 Sep 2011, 13:31 #7

I finally got in and did some moving around, new links, and revamping. I have updated the 'About the Book', 'About the Movie' and the sections specifically on S.E. Hinton. No *new* material, but more user friendly to read and follow (I think).

Also updated the F.A.Q with a question that Ms. Hinton gets all the time regarding "help with homework" and her exact quoted reply. She laughs it off but I'm very sure it gets overly tiresome and probably leads to many unread correspondences that are sent to her.

I wish I had fresh material to work with, but alas...we don't.

I also removed any and all external links to fan sites ('official' and not) as we had many problems with dead and broken links by having them on there as well as other more involved problems. So they have been removed altogether except for links to Facebook and Twitter (generic ones) and you can enter in your own search terms to find who you're looking for. Many of the actors / actresses now have official Twitter pages now so it's fairly easy to find them. (the direct links to their pages will not be posted for the reasons above)

*NOTE* - while you might 'follow' them on Twitter or FB, this is NOT the place to leave your badges of fan-ship to them
. These are their personal pages where they open themselves up to *whoever* with their daily thoughts, activities and so on. These are not fan pages so please do respect them by keeping a low profile and simply enjoying being able to see a sliver into their lives. Abusing their pages would be the fastest way to find yourself 'un-friended'.

Also a button / choice for reporting a broken link or other technical problem has been added to the most popular pages. Hopefully we can keep on top of technical errors better this way and not have as many unusable links.

I think that's about all I've done at this point. At least there's better flow to the website hopefully.

If anyone has any material submissions (photos, articles, ect) feel free to send them to me or Karen and we'll see about getting them added to the site in the appropriate areas.

www.theoutsidersbookandmovie.com