Visiting Tulsa Soon?

New 2005 DVD discussions here!

Visiting Tulsa Soon?

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

22 Jan 2010, 02:47 #1

Ok, the subject came up about some members going to visit at some point, and I started thinking about soon of the points of interest in Tulsa. I will cover that later.

IF you were able to visit the city of Tulsa, where would be some places you would like to see, visit or otherwise be interested in. I know some of the filming sites would be tops on the list for some of us, but other than those, what would also be on the list?? I have been to Tulsa several times, so I will likely know what you are talking about.

If you need to do your homework and get back to us, thats ok. There are several websites about Tulsa, so check these out, and let us know.

Stay Gold, Karen & Jenn

PS: Please keep in mind that only about half of the filming locations still exist. We have a detailed list, but decline to release it for various rasons. Long story.
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........

thebiggestoutsidersfan
Supreme Member

22 Jan 2010, 03:40 #2

Hmmm other than the filming places... well I've looked at some Tulsa websites and it looks so interesting! There are so many museums and parks... the Tulsa Zoo and Living museum would be cool to go to :) I'd LOVE to go to Tulsa River Park; it looks beautiful and you can do horseback riding there! The Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame looks awesome.

I'll look at some more things and have a longer list the next couple of days :) This is only the beginning! It looks amazin'.
'A guy that'll really listen to you, listen and care about what you're saying, is something rare.' -The Outsiders

Debbie Twenty

03 Sep 2010, 19:58 #3

Karen @ Jan 21 2010, 08:47 PM wrote:PS:  Please keep in mind that only about half of the filming locations still exist. We have a detailed list, but decline to release it for various rasons. Long story.
I realize I haven't been as active on this forum as I'd hoped to be, but when I heard the news today, I thought of y'all and just had to come back and log in...

One more of those filming locations has suffered a great loss.

The Admiral Twin Drive-In Theater in Tulsa caught fire today. I don't have any news on at work -- so I heard about it via FaceBook from a friend who could see the smoke from his office window downtown. The screens have burned down, there's nothing left but a few pieces of the wooden frame sticking up.

I hope they can rebuild, for the sake of Tulsa History and American Cultural History, I hope they rebuild.

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news ... in-on-fire

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=13098286

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=13098236

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

04 Sep 2010, 05:00 #4

Hi Debbie! So good to see you here! I am deepely saddened about the Drive-In, and I will be among the first to send funds to help with the rebuilding of it.

I will be back in Tulsa later this year. Hope to see you then.

Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........