Uk Premier

Announcements of performances, questions, thoughts, ect...anything related to a stage production of the story.

Uk Premier

UK Theatre
Posts 0
UK Theatre

25 Feb 2006, 14:19 #1

Bolton Little Theatre

http://www.blt.org.uk

blt.youth@ntlworld.com

I am directing the UK premier of Christopher Sergel's adaptation of the superb 'The Outsiders' in December 2006.

Like many others 'The Outsiders' has remained a novel i will never forget and i hope to do it justice.

Its a pity that a modern classic like this is not still studied in the UK, as it was a few years ago. So many people are missing out. My local library haven't had it requested for two years - this is something i aim to change.

*edited to fix links to working url*

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

25 Feb 2006, 15:05 #2

I am glad you posted to let us know about this. We have several members in the London area who will be thrilled with this news. Glad to see you found us, and can keep us posted . Welcome aboard! Stay Gold, Karen :)
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

25 Feb 2006, 16:44 #3

Wow, that is just awesome!
Thanks for posting here and we'll do our best to keep it bumped up so that all the current and new incoming UK members know about it!

If you'd like input, you certainly came to the right spot!

Glad to meet you and please do keep us posted on the show as it progresses. If you develop a website we'd love to see it! :D

Thanks!
Jenn
Jenn - Webmaster / Forum Admin.
The Outsiders Official Book and Movie website

Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member
Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member

25 Feb 2006, 17:32 #4

Wow, I'd definitely travel to see that and I'm also interested in the production of The Laramie Project, Matthew Shepherd's tragic story has always been of interest to me.
It is a real shame that it's not studied in school anymore, it was about 7 years ago when I studied it in my first year of high school (I can't believe it's been that long) but by the time I had left school the new students were studying things like Harry Potter for English.
~~Katie~~..."he glides when he walks"....

Katie's Rumble Fish site

UK Theatre
Posts 0
UK Theatre

09 Mar 2006, 19:10 #5

Bolton Little Theatre youth@blt.org.uk

Bolton Little Theatre will present the UK and European Premier of 'The Outsiders' Based on the book by S.E. Hinton. Adapted by Christopher Sergel. Directed by Paul Walker.

Tue 12th Dec - Sat 16th Dec, 2006 (Forge Studio)

Bolton Little Theatre, Hanover Street, Bolton, BL1 4TG

Tickets will be available in the next couple of months by calling the Albert Halls Sales Office on 01204 334400.

Watch this Space...

Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member
Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member

09 Mar 2006, 21:52 #6

ooooh I do like going to the theatre near Christmas time. I shall book tickets at some point and go with a friend or two who live in Manchester!
Actually, if any other UK forum people would like to go, we could try to book tickets on the same night and have a mini board meet up?
~~Katie~~..."he glides when he walks"....

Katie's Rumble Fish site

bovril
Supreme Member
bovril
Supreme Member

10 Mar 2006, 20:13 #7

Working on my mum to take me to see it... :) I really hope she does...
Hunt the Hunter

Facebook =]

UK Theatre
Posts 0
UK Theatre

26 Jul 2006, 18:03 #8

THE UK PREMIER OF THE OUTSIDERS HAS NOW BEEN CAST AND IS IN PRE-PRODUCTION

Bolton Little Theatre's production of THE OUTSIDERS has now been cast after a series of intensive workshops and auditions.

Currently we are in the developing stages of lighting, sound, costume and stage design with the cast set to have their first rehearsal in the second week of August.

Tickets are now available so please book early. For full details please see Bolton Little Theatre - Homepage or for those in the UK phone 01204 334400. Group bookings are available.

I'm very keen for for your imput and look forward to any questions or comments you might have.

Regards,

Paul Walker

(Director)

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

26 Jul 2006, 21:58 #9

would love to go to that. i wish it would come to ireland. I'd go by myself if I had to. Bolton is a bit far for me at the moment but you never know. :D
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

UK Theatre
Posts 0
UK Theatre

30 Jul 2006, 21:57 #10

Just an update.

Whilst meeting with various companies to heighten the profile of the upcoming production I have been given forwarded some fantastic news!

Waterstones (a major bookstore in the UK) is launching a national campaign in the coming months called which at the moment is called '50 books you must read'.

The Outsiders is in there. Which means a big launch, and from what i've also been told the release of the dvd here in the UK.

Thought i pass the info on.Bolton Little Theatre - homepage

UK Theatre
Posts 0
UK Theatre

12 Nov 2006, 13:36 #11

BOLTON LITTLE THEATRE

'THE OUTSIDERS' (12-16 DEC, 2006)

I'm pleased to let you know that a cast, crew and directors discussion about the play, Inside 'The Outsiders' will be taking place on Thursday 14th December after the evenings performance.

BLT Homepage

bovril
Supreme Member
bovril
Supreme Member

04 Mar 2010, 23:00 #12

I hope they do this again in the UK! I was to young to go before...now i have a car i'll be there no matter what!
Hunt the Hunter

Facebook =]