The Outsiders Series Petition..!

Discussion, info, and questions pertaining to the 1990 short lived television series which aired on Fox TV channel.

The Outsiders Series Petition..!

soda_79
soda_79

27 Jan 2007, 23:46 #1

Sign the Petition...........................!

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/ ... gi?OUTTV90

:)

marsonfire
Supreme Member
marsonfire
Supreme Member

28 Jan 2007, 06:43 #2

Also, if you're a member of TVShowsonDVD.com, make sure you add The Outsiders to the list of shows you want DVDs for.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/showinfo.cfm?showID=3209

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

29 Jan 2007, 04:21 #3

C'mon guys, 3 more signatures and the petition will be leet! (yes, I am a nerd for getting excited about having petition # 1334)
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

29 Jan 2007, 14:01 #4

I think I signed that ages ago. I also sent an E-mail to Fox. Never got a reply. Just 3 more people can't wait to see what happens. I'm crossing my fingers and toes and anything else I can cross.
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Ryker
Posts 0
Ryker

29 Jan 2007, 16:22 #5

I'm number 37. But I made my buddies sign it too :P

Amy_the_coolest_of_cool
Posts 0
Amy_the_coolest_of_cool

29 Jan 2007, 22:16 #6

im #1130 on the petition Dacontratto . i hope they release it. :)

sodapopz
Posts 0
sodapopz

02 Feb 2007, 03:15 #7

They BETTER release it!
i mean, watching it on youtube is cool n all, but owning it on DVD....... -stares off into space-
ya get my point.

sodapopz
Posts 0
sodapopz

02 Feb 2007, 03:17 #8

there are 1343 signatures.
how many was there supposed to be??

Victoria_Curtis
Posts 0
Victoria_Curtis

13 Mar 2007, 20:46 #9

I signed Im number 1353 good luck with this.

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

14 Mar 2007, 01:16 #10

I was e-mailing this out to some Outsider friends, and one e-mailed me back, saying apparently this petition is not valid ??

The Seven Tests of Armchair Activism for Petitions:

Expiration. Does it give a timeline for the collection of signatures or a target number of signatures? Unfortunately, e-petitions can linger aimlessly for months, even years. Petitions that are allowed to circulate indefinitely are seldom compelling and very often continue to circulate long after any usefulness they may have once had has passed.

Focus. Does the message have a well defined target and mission statement? Does it clearly spell out what steps or results are desired? Does it solicit and allow signatures only from constituents of the party it's meant to influence? Most e-petitions get you worked up, but make no real statement or demand or target an individual who has no authority to make the desired change.

Integrity. Is someone coordinating the petition to make sure it gets to the proper party in the proper format? Unfortunately, many ask you to send them directly to the party whose actions you're trying to influence. This amounts to an "e-mail attack," costs the recipient time and money and does more to hurt the cause than promote it.

Privacy. Is there an alternative method for signing, such as a Web site, phone number, or snail-mail address? Does the message explain clearly what will be done with the information it collects and by whom? If you're directed to a Web site to sign, does the site include a privacy statement? Remember that there are absolutely no privacy protections for information sent via e-mail.

Reliability. Does the message explain clearly who will collect and compile the signatures, and can you trust them? While some petitions actually give you an address to send "full" copies to, most of the creators fail to check with their e-mail provider first, and as a result, their account is usually shut down within a few days. Most e-mail providers prohibit chain letters and petitions in their terms of service.

Sponsorship. Does the petition's author/originator clearly identify himself or herself and give some way to contact him or her. A well-planned political or social cause will usually have a web site or phone number you can contact for more information on the issue and to volunteer to help. Unfortunately, most e-petition creators prefer to hide behind the anonymity of e-mail.

Validity. Does the petition contain facts and statistics with a cited source? In other words, can the claims be easily backed up or do you have to take them at face value? In many cases, the thing you're trying to stop no longer exists or never existed to begin with.

If a petition fails two or more of the above, dismiss it as Armchair Activism.
They say one day your life will flash before your eyes.
Make it worth watching.

soda_79
soda_79

28 Mar 2007, 23:25 #11

who does not use itself for a thing ...... nothing will reach.....!

that is not unreasonable Petition ...... perhaps helps more details to read… smaller taps....!

Victoria_Curtis
Posts 0
Victoria_Curtis

02 Apr 2007, 21:57 #12

When are you planning on sending the petition in?

I have another thought I just wanted to know what people thought of this. What if we could get another station to brodcast it. Here in Canada there is a station called Family and it airs The Sinbad Show which was created in 1993 and which originally aired on FOX.

I was thinking of writing into family with this suggestion and hope for the best depending on what people here thought.

01 Aug 2008, 22:31 #13

I'm number 1490! I REALLY hope that this petition is valid... Jeez, I mean, I feel like it was MUCH easier for kids to petition for the making of "The Outsiders" movie...Why so difficult for the TV series?! :(
....Ah, how I love teen angst... <3... lol

soccersweetie

05 Aug 2008, 20:40 #14

I sent an email to the fox station a couple of months ago regarding the release of it on DVD and have yet to hear back from them. Hopefully the petition works!