The Outsiders Everywhere

Discuss the book, the author, the writing style, character analizations, and anything else related to this literary classic here.

The Outsiders Everywhere

Nittanylizard
Supreme Member
Nittanylizard
Supreme Member

29 Jun 2009, 02:03 #1

I went back a few pages thinking there might have been a similar thread, but couldn't find one.

I just thought it would be fun to make a list of the places either The Outsiders, or S.E. Hinton, are mentioned in other books, movies, tv shows, etc. I've got two from my reading over the past year:

- From Chris Crutcher's The Sledding Hill:
"If you want to read fifteen books by Stephen King, you can read fifteen books by Stephen King, though I wouldn't recommend it because most Stephen King books are long." She reads off a list of authors she likes: Grisham, Rowling, Blume, Hinton, Clancy, O'Brien, Crutcher, Curtis, Vonnegut ("but you better hurry"), Lee ("you better keep hurrying").

- From John Green's Paper Towns:
I went back to looking around the room. The bottom shelf of her record collection included some books - middle school yearbooks, a beat-up copy of The Outsiders - and some back issues of teen magazines.

Anyone?

Liz
I swallowed a bug! - River, in Serenity

mrs.sodapop

29 Jun 2009, 03:06 #2

Chris Jericho, a professional WWE wrestler mentioned Ponyboy and Sodapop on his Twitter account about a week and a half ago. He said:

"Does anybody out there know someone with the name Ponyboy? How about Sodapop?"

I also freaked out when I read that. It was awesome!
1966/7 - Gold is invented.
1982/3 - Gold is made silver.
2004/5 - Gold is made pure silver.
2009- Stephalu becomes gold.

kelsey51090

12 Aug 2009, 03:29 #3

It was mentioned on the tv shows Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls. It was also mentioned in a book that is based on the tv show The O.C. I can't remember if it was mentioned on the show, but in the book it talks about how one of the characters how to read the outsiders in high school or something like that.

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

12 Aug 2009, 19:41 #4

It was mention on a show I think it was One tree hill. I can't remember what was said but it refered to the rumble in the outsiders. (i'm sure I posted this before back when I used to watch the show.) Yo know what I'm going to google that now. :)
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

15 Aug 2009, 03:18 #5

mrs.sodapop @ Jun 28 2009, 11:06 PM wrote: Chris Jericho, a professional WWE wrestler mentioned Ponyboy and Sodapop on his Twitter account about a week and a half ago. He said:

"Does anybody out there know someone with the name Ponyboy? How about Sodapop?"

I also freaked out when I read that. It was awesome!
Another Jericho fan, you're hardcore. XD

Darlene from Roseanne made an outsiders reference. "Hold on, Ponyboy, you and the rest of your Outsiders..." something, can't remember the last of the sentence or even if that's the direct quote, but yeah. :d
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
All gave some, he gave all.
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Rounding third and headed for Heaven

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

15 Aug 2009, 03:58 #6

Stella, I remember her saying that because I heard it on a re-run of Roseanne the
other day. LOL

It's interesting that I met someone last year who has a son named Dallas (after the town he was born in) and she called him "Dally" several times.
talk about something grabbing my attention!

Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........