Soda Gets Shot?

Discussion, info, and questions pertaining to the 1990 short lived television series which aired on Fox TV channel.

Soda Gets Shot?

Ellenroth
Advanced Member
Ellenroth
Advanced Member

31 Jul 2008, 02:14 #1

I was just reading and I came to a few places where it said Soda Curtis was actually shot and almost died. I wanted to know if that was true and who did it?
"Let's do it for Johnny!"
ellen_camp_roth@hotmail.com

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

31 Jul 2008, 13:10 #2

Could you clarify this please? Are you saying this is in the book? If it is I never read it.

Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

31 Jul 2008, 20:13 #3

In the TV series, Ponyboy befriends an escaped convict who was put in jail because of murder. However, the convict tells Pony that he was in jail because for robbery. Pony ends up bringing him things, like food, and I think at one point money. I can’t remember, I’ll have to rewatch it to make sure. Well, anyway, something happened, and Ponyboy couldn’t drop the stuff off to the convict, so he told Soda what he was doing, and Soda took the stuff to the convict, who thought that Soda was the cops, and shot him.

It never really made it out to be a life or death situation, because they showed Soda talking as they were taking him to the emergency room triage and so on. He was fine afterwards.
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
All gave some, he gave all.
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Rounding third and headed for Heaven

Ellenroth
Advanced Member
Ellenroth
Advanced Member

31 Jul 2008, 20:17 #4

Oh I get it now, Thanks. It's just people kept saying Soda got shot and I was confused.
"Let's do it for Johnny!"
ellen_camp_roth@hotmail.com