Script For Stage Play

Announcements of performances, questions, thoughts, ect...anything related to a stage production of the story.

Script For Stage Play

marsonfire
Supreme Member
marsonfire
Supreme Member

16 Apr 2007, 00:58 #1

Does anyone know if there is a script version of the Outsiders available for a stage play, or do they just work off the movie screenplay?

#1 outsiders fan
Advanced Member
#1 outsiders fan
Advanced Member

16 Apr 2007, 20:35 #2

I was searching through amazon and found an outsiders script adapted for stage, they might still have it.
"Man that was a tuff car, mustangs are tuff"

~Summer Nicole~

Keira
Posts 0
Keira

17 Apr 2007, 18:24 #3

I would think that The Outsiders would be one of those great drama projects where the students get to create their own adapation. They did those at my high school, and those were some of my favorite plays to go and watch - there's something simply special about watching a play that a fellow student scripted. The book is revered, and taught fairly often in schools these days - and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear that most schools form their own scripts.

Man would I love to be on that project, haha.

Tensleep
Posts 0
Tensleep

17 Apr 2007, 20:06 #4

My cousin's school did the Outsiders as a play last year. It was pretty funny to see Gary as Darry. I do believe they had to write the script as a group project, though.
So as long as it's small time school, non-profit, 'hope I pass' type scriptation I think you can make up your own if all else fails.

Plus it was pretty darn hillarious. The kid who played Pony decided to improvise and make Gary chase him during the hit scene. He was ducked under the table for about two minutes pleading for his life. Never laughed so hard in my life...

Not sure if that was helpful, but hey.

See ya in the funny papers!!!

Tens

Keira
Posts 0
Keira

18 Apr 2007, 00:57 #5

I never knew that... and if I did, I forgot (you know me). But that's really funny. Your family likes acting, don't they? I think that's great. Yeah, I would have LOVED to be in The Outsiders play, had my school ever done one. I am a terrible actor, but stage fright has never affected me (at least not after the intial waiting-before-it-begins part) so I think that would have been a lot of fun. When I was in junior high I started to write my own Outsiders screen play (for a new movie because I was NOT satisfied with the current one - though with The Complete Novel I'm very happy) ... never did get very far, but I was more than convinced, at the time, that I was going to remake the movie some day, if it was the last thing I did.

Cole
Posts 0
Cole

18 Apr 2007, 02:53 #6

In School next year, we are doing a play on the outsiders, well the 8th grade is after demand of the 7th graders (us) and the teacher. Never knew my English teacher was so demanding. But I can find out where my Drama teacher got the script from if you'd like, i'm pretty sure he found one, but if he just wrote one himslef, i can ask him for it.