S.e Hinton Supernatural Fan!

Discuss anything relating to Hinton herself here; such as questions as to where to find interviews, what's her favorite books, what's she doing now, ect...more personalized stuff like that. NOTE: please continue to place book or movie related questions in the appropriate category. Thanks!

S.e Hinton Supernatural Fan!

Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member
Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member

09 Sep 2008, 21:53 #1

From a blog that posts online articles about Supernatural, taking out the spoilers so that fans can read them....

"Another pleasant surprise was that S.E. Hinton, the author of The Outsiders and Rumble Fish was hanging out with the boys as well. She is a huge Supernatural fan and asked Eric Kripke one day if she could pay a visit to the set, so he invited her out to Vancouver for a couple of days. She told me that she got into the show because she has an interest in paranormal stories, but then just fell in love with it because of the excellent stories and the mix of humor, drama and thrills and chills. Imagine having a fan girl moment with a world-famous novelist!"

How cool!
~~Katie~~..."he glides when he walks"....

Katie's Rumble Fish site

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

10 Sep 2008, 00:31 #2

Cool! I visited a house about a month that is highly rumoured to be occupied by a supernatural spirit. ( They wouldn't call it a ghost).

While there, I felt a benign presence, and would have sworn I saw the image of a lady in 1920's to 1930's clothing. She was sitting in a chair at a desk. She seemed very sad. Then she simply vanished.

The story is that the lady was a widow, and her 2 children died about the same time in the house. They had a sickness of some sort, and I never learned if it was boys, girls, or what. The lady was found dead a little later in the house, and everyone said she died of a broken heart.

I was not afraid, but you could not escape the feelings of sadness in the house.

Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

10 Sep 2008, 13:01 #3

Things like that Karen scare me to the point of not sleeping. I was convinced when I was young that my parents house was haunted. When I would lock myself at night I could feel something and would flip. So to say I was traumatised as a child is an understament. To this day that feeling stays me.
As a studant my friend satyed in a house where a girl had killed herself. Some nights they would heard the door slam and somone storming upstairs. However everyone would be in the sitting room. They were in the house a week before they all moved out.

Another house or maybe the same house has never been able to be sold or rented out. Evertime they put windows in this house they'd be smashed.... from the inside yet nobody has ever been able to step inside the house due to the overwhelaming feeling of something evil in the house.

Guess who wont be sleeping tonight.

I love supernatural I just can't watch it. angelsmile
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

10 Sep 2008, 14:50 #4

There are just some things that cn't be explained.

There was not an evil presence at this house, but rather, a very overwhelming sad feeling.

I am not sure how the people stayed there. I don't think I could have, knowing the history.

Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........