S.e. Hinton Is An Inspiration

Discuss anything relating to Hinton herself here; such as questions as to where to find interviews, what's her favorite books, what's she doing now, ect...more personalized stuff like that. NOTE: please continue to place book or movie related questions in the appropriate category. Thanks!

S.e. Hinton Is An Inspiration

deep rain
Posts 0
deep rain

04 May 2006, 10:13 #1

delete

johnnysgurl13
Posts 0
johnnysgurl13

01 Aug 2006, 04:46 #2

That's true! I mean, I feel pretty much like you! She's one of the same reasons that I began writing. This is totally off topic, but that Disney movie READ IT AND WEEP, well, after watching that, I got out my copy of the outsiders and I got to thinking about the similarities between me, Hinton, Jamie, and Ponyboy. I sat down at the computer and turned out 23 pages! She is SUCH an inspiration! I mean, I just can't even say it!

Soda-'N'-Pony's-Gurl
Posts 0
Soda-'N'-Pony's-Gurl

28 Aug 2006, 01:58 #3

Although I've always read a lot, S.E. Hinton was what got me to start writing so much. Also what got me to actually like to write so much. Now thanks to her I can really express myself through what I write!

equestriangurl
Posts 0
equestriangurl

23 Jun 2007, 02:15 #4

I am the same way. I ma starting a young adult fictoin called heart breakers. Its based on a true story, and personnally I think its defintely simliar to ponys story.

greaserlove
Posts 0
greaserlove

02 Sep 2007, 22:13 #5

I feel the same way. I'm STILL trying to understand how Hinton could get such a great grasp on life like she did in the Outsiders at such a young age. Majority of teens these days don't really have a good outlook on life, whereas S.E Hinton found some truth that I could only have learned from her.

I too am a pursuing author, and Hinton is a great person to look up to.

Thank you S.E Hinton! :)