S.e. Hinton Has A New Book Coming Out February!

Discuss anything relating to Hinton herself here; such as questions as to where to find interviews, what's her favorite books, what's she doing now, ect...more personalized stuff like that. NOTE: please continue to place book or movie related questions in the appropriate category. Thanks!

S.e. Hinton Has A New Book Coming Out February!

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

19 Sep 2006, 18:59 #1

Update from S.E. Hinton - "Coming out this coming Feb 28 is called "Some of Tim's Stories", a collection of short stories featuring the same characters, like a very abbrevated novel. It's being published by OU Press, and will be available in bookstores and on Amazon. It's adult in themes, but nothing kids couldn't read, although I think older readers will appreciate them more.

I'm excited because they are the best writing I've done yet. A nice way of celebrating 40 years of work. Since the stories are so short--I limited them to 1000 words each, the book also contains several interviews with me, done by my friend Teresa Miller, who is very active in "the book world". I hope it helps those who can't seem to find enough about me on the net."
[end quote]
Jenn - Webmaster / Forum Admin.
The Outsiders Official Book and Movie website

Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member
Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member

19 Sep 2006, 19:18 #2

Ooooh. This is all so exciting! Am really looking forward to Reading those short stories!
The interviews with Teresa Miller sound like an interesting aspect to put in the book!
~~Katie~~..."he glides when he walks"....

Katie's Rumble Fish site

Anna
Posts 0
Anna

19 Sep 2006, 19:53 #3

That's such great news! I wonder what kind of short stories they are, if some of them are about teenagers like most of SE Hinton's books...
I can't wait for February!

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

19 Sep 2006, 19:58 #4

Excellent. A date to put in my diary. :D
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Ryker
Posts 0
Ryker

20 Sep 2006, 11:46 #5

Yay! Man, I can NOT wait for this to be released! It sounds good.

Is Feb 28th the date it'll be out in the Uk too? Or do we have to wait a year per usual :(

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

20 Sep 2006, 19:53 #6

Ryker, if you end up having to wait, I'd be more than happy to purchase a book and mail it to you! :)

I can't wait for this book. It's being released in my birthday month. I'll have to ask for a Gift certificate for McNally Robinson. :)
They say one day your life will flash before your eyes.
Make it worth watching.

JEFFd
Advanced Member
JEFFd
Advanced Member

25 Feb 2007, 04:47 #7

It's almost time!! Is anyone else gettin excited! I hope she has a book signing in the Tulsa area!

-Jeff
"There's still lots of good in the world-Stay Gold"

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

25 Feb 2007, 11:37 #8

Oh yeah can't wait. Hey Didn't that come round quick. When it was first posted it seemed so long away. I just have to wait for Amazon to post it to me. Not long to wait now.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

13 Mar 2007, 21:32 #9

I have just been Informed by Amazon that my Item Some of Tims stories has been shipped. Can't wait to get it. Has anyone got it yet?
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

13 Mar 2007, 21:44 #10

Yes, I have my copy, and I won't give any hints! You will just have to wait, but patience is a virtue.
Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........

Victoria_Curtis
Posts 0
Victoria_Curtis

13 Mar 2007, 22:27 #11

Chapters doesnt have it :( And my parents will never let me buy it from Amazon this sucks

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

14 Mar 2007, 01:05 #12

Victoria_Curtis @ Mar 13 2007, 05:27 PM wrote: Chapters doesnt have it :( And my parents will never let me buy it from Amazon this sucks
Do ya have McNally Robinson or Coles? You can go to Chapters and get them to have it shipped in to their store for you.
Make it worth watching.

Victoria_Curtis
Posts 0
Victoria_Curtis

14 Mar 2007, 01:54 #13

Oops I accendently sent the post in the report I am so sorry Mods.
We have Coles but they dont have it ethier and Chapters doesnt have it listed at all so I cant order it off the website.

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

14 Mar 2007, 03:20 #14

sorry, I should have worded that better.

Go up to any register at Chapters, tell them there is a book you would like that they don't have in any of their stores, and they can order a copy of it for you from the publisher (or wherever they get their books). :)
Make it worth watching.

Victoria_Curtis
Posts 0
Victoria_Curtis

14 Mar 2007, 03:26 #15

Thanks Ill beg my parents in the morning.

Kayla
Posts 0
Kayla

19 Mar 2007, 00:40 #16

I can't wait to buy this book. I wonder who the short stories are gonna be about.. I just can't we to read them. Oh well, its coming out soon at least thankfully. ^_^

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

26 Mar 2007, 17:17 #17

The book came today finally, Finished the story and now reading the interviews. Have to say it took me a few pages to get into it but I think that was more to do with the fact that my head was thumping, reading usually sorts that out. I loved this book and I await with hopeful anticipation for another one.

I also have the puppy sister, Jamie got it off Santa, he's gone and lost it before we could read it. :D
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

#1 outsiders fan
Advanced Member
#1 outsiders fan
Advanced Member

26 Mar 2007, 22:18 #18

Does it have any characters or mentions from any other S.E. Hinton books in it??
Because I'm bout to order it and was just wondering..
"Man that was a tuff car, mustangs are tuff"

~Summer Nicole~

sodapopz
Posts 0
sodapopz

27 Mar 2007, 03:59 #19

i have a copy.
i was so happy.
i ordered it from amazon and it said it'd arrive around the first week in April, but i got it around the 19th/20th March.
I read it all that same day.
I absolutely loved it and i loved the interviews in the back.
they really help you to get to know S.E.Hinton and her characters better.

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

27 Mar 2007, 12:34 #20

#1 outsiders fan @ Mar 26 2007, 04:18 PM wrote: Does it have any characters or mentions from any other S.E. Hinton books in it??
Because I'm bout to order it and was just wondering..
No it doesn't doesn't but the interviews in the back talk about the different books, it's great you should get it.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Ryker
Posts 0
Ryker

27 Mar 2007, 17:35 #21

I thought Mike was the reoccuring character. Isn't he in That Was Then This Is Now?

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

27 Mar 2007, 18:35 #22

Was he? Don't remember, I thought they were referring to chacters like Ponyboy and that. I really don't remember anyone called Mike can you fill me in please, it's been so long since I read that book.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Ryker
Posts 0
Ryker

27 Mar 2007, 19:30 #23

Angle @ Mar 27 2007, 06:35 PM wrote: Was he? Don't remember, I thought they were referring to chacters like Ponyboy and that. I really don't remember anyone called Mike can you fill me in please, it's been so long since I read that book.
As my memory serves me correctly he's the guy they meet in the hospital. He saved or went out with a young black girl, and drove her to her neighbourhood or something. Then when her friends asked what she was doing in his car, she told them to beat him up to save herself from getting into to trouble for going around with a white guy. Well something like that. I'll have to read it again to make sure.

Cole
Posts 0
Cole

27 Mar 2007, 19:44 #24

I just finished That was then this is now a few weeks agao(for the 5th time i think) and Mike is the one who they met at the hospital.

marsonfire
Supreme Member
marsonfire
Supreme Member

27 Mar 2007, 21:05 #25

I ordered my copy from amazon.ca, but they aren't shipping until April 30th. Ah well, I can wait...sort of patiently LOL.

I love how she brings up the background characters. I've done that in my fan fic quite a bit.