Ponyboy

Discussion, info, and questions pertaining to the 1990 short lived television series which aired on Fox TV channel.

Ponyboy

shiiireeen
Posts 0
shiiireeen

20 Jul 2005, 05:30 #1

hey i went on a website that explained the tv series and it said Ponyboy was dealing with sex for the first time..he had sex?? :o its kinda hard to believe..hes only 14!!..can you guys anwser my question PLEASE

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

20 Jul 2005, 11:13 #2

:o in the 1990 television series was an episode, "Breaking the Maiden". In this ep, yes, Ponyboy does score...actually it's more like he gets seduced by an older girl.

Anyway, that's the scoop there and btw, C. Thomas Howell had nothing to do with that in case you're wondering. B)

Cya!!
Jenn - Webmaster / Forum Admin.
The Outsiders Official Book and Movie website

shiiireeen
Posts 0
shiiireeen

20 Jul 2005, 14:29 #3

Jenn_K @ Jul 20 2005, 05:13 AM wrote::o  in the 1990 television series was an episode, "Breaking the Maiden".  In this ep, yes, Ponyboy does score...actually it's more like he gets seduced by an older girl.

B)
wow...thanks Jenn..but how old was she? is she a greaser??..i cant believe it because it doesnt fit his character you know...thats why im so suprised and kinda upset..

20 Jul 2005, 16:18 #4

shiiireeen @ Jul 20 2005, 09:29 AM wrote:
Jenn_K @ Jul 20 2005, 05:13 AM wrote::o  in the 1990 television series was an episode, "Breaking the Maiden".  In this ep, yes, Ponyboy does score...actually it's more like he gets seduced by an older girl.

B)
wow...thanks Jenn..but how old was she? is she a greaser??..i cant believe it because it doesnt fit his character you know...thats why im so suprised and kinda upset..
Yeah it doesn't seem to fit his character....in That Was Then, This Is Now, he ends up dating Cathy which seems more "in character" for him...but I guess the tv show is somewhat different, I don't know.

MegakaPonysgal
Supreme Member
MegakaPonysgal
Supreme Member

20 Jul 2005, 16:18 #5

Did S. E. Hinton have anything to do with that episode??
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.-The Fray "All at Once"

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

20 Jul 2005, 16:56 #6

MegakaPonysgal @ Jul 20 2005, 04:18 PM wrote: Did S. E. Hinton have anything to do with that episode??
Not that I know of. She only helped write the pilot and was a consultant throughout the series.

As for Pony's 'deflowering'.....no, she wasn't some 'greaser girl'. If I recall they were camping and she worked at the lodge or something. Later teens.

On being "upset"....why? What difference does that make...after all, it's just a tv show.

Granted though,maybe not exactly a great morality thing for the kids watching...but at that time it wasn't a big deal.

Hope that helped...
Jenn

shiiireeen
Posts 0
shiiireeen

20 Jul 2005, 17:22 #7

wait a minute..how old was she?? like if she was too old thats sick..how old did she look like..??

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

20 Jul 2005, 19:01 #8

shiiireeen @ Jul 20 2005, 05:22 PM wrote: wait a minute..how old was she?? like if she was too old thats sick..how old did she look like..??
heck I don't know....17, 18,. 19 (maybe)...
she was a little dark headed thing, a real cutie honestly.

You just need to watch the episode if you can get ahold of one.
Occasionally bootleg dvd's of the series come up on ebay. You could grab one there.

shiiireeen
Posts 0
shiiireeen

20 Jul 2005, 22:24 #9

Jenn_K @ Jul 20 2005, 01:01 PM wrote:heck I don't know....17, 18,. 19 (maybe)...

You just need to watch the episode if you can get ahold of one.
Occasionally bootleg dvd's of the series come up on ebay. You could grab one there.
ok can you email it to me..you know the episode..if soo thanks :D

its shireenm@comcast.net

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

20 Jul 2005, 22:28 #10

shiiireeen @ Jul 20 2005, 10:24 PM wrote: ok can you email it to me..you know the episode..if soo thanks :D
well I don't have it like, downloaded, or anything. I have the DVD (bootleg from ebay) but I don't have anyway to 'send' it to you.

Sorry....

Cya!
Jenn

shiiireeen
Posts 0
shiiireeen

20 Jul 2005, 22:39 #11

its ok..it just weird how he did it w/ her i know its just a show..but it doesnt fit ponyboy's description..ugh o-well o and Jenn I LOVE UR SITE ABOUT THE OUTSIDERS!!!

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

21 Jul 2005, 01:16 #12

I looked on Limewire to see if it was on there so I could've downloaded it, but no luck.

Sorry...

Glad you enjoy the site! If I come up with something downloadable I'll certianly let you know.

Cya!

MrsJohnnyCake
Posts 0
MrsJohnnyCake

27 Nov 2005, 20:33 #13

priceless advice @ Jul 20 2005, 10:18 AM wrote: Yeah it doesn't seem to fit his character....in That Was Then, This Is Now, he ends up dating Cathy which seems more "in character" for him...but I guess the tv show is somewhat different, I don't know.
Is 'That was then, this is now' a follow up to the outsiders? I would love to read it if so...

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

28 Nov 2005, 00:39 #14

heck I don't know....17, 18,. 19 (maybe)...
Haha. Dark headed? How bout Angel Shepard. She came across as a bit sleazy, and she loved Pony. Heh.

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

29 Nov 2005, 01:07 #15

Okay, haha. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks of Angela Shepard. Ah well.

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

29 Nov 2005, 03:58 #16

I dunno, I always considered her a year or so younger than Pony
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

29 Nov 2005, 04:02 #17

Yeah, I imagined her being Tim and Curly's little sister. But who knows. Maybe she looks older. Heh. Naw, I'm really just kiddin'. A thought, though.

[ Johnnycake ]
Posts 0
[ Johnnycake ]

16 Jan 2006, 05:34 #18

Jenn_K @ Jul 20 2005, 05:13 AM wrote: :o in the 1990 television series was an episode, "Breaking the Maiden". In this ep, yes, Ponyboy does score...actually it's more like he gets seduced by an older girl.
Oh... oh my.

o___o

I never thought I'd Read something like this, and it would actually be true. Woah.

Well, I'm just a little surprised, that's all. I'm not against the series or anything.

I really would like to see the series one of these days, though. ^^

Ya really do learn something new every day, huh?

Cho
Posts 0
Cho

17 Jan 2006, 01:51 #19

[ Johnnycake ] @ Jan 15 2006, 11:34 PM wrote:
Jenn_K @ Jul 20 2005, 05:13 AM wrote: :o  in the 1990 television series was an episode, "Breaking the Maiden".  In this ep, yes, Ponyboy does score...actually it's more like he gets seduced by an older girl.
Oh... oh my.

o___o

I never thought I'd Read something like this, and it would actually be true. Woah.

Well, I'm just a little surprised, that's all. I'm not against the series or anything.

I really would like to see the series one of these days, though. ^^

Ya really do learn something new every day, huh?
Yeah, no matter what Pony's age was, I always imagined him as possessing this child-like quality that made him too young for something of this sort!

Christian
Advanced Member
Christian
Advanced Member

17 Jan 2006, 02:06 #20

I guess I never thought he'd "do it" because of Johnny tellin him to stay gold. I take that as Johnny tellin him to not get involved in what the rest of the gang did. I dunno, but it is difinitely out of character! :angry:
"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."
- Robert Frost

Cho
Posts 0
Cho

17 Jan 2006, 20:24 #21

Christian @ Jan 16 2006, 08:06 PM wrote: I guess I never thought he'd "do it" because of Johnny tellin him to stay gold. I take that as Johnny tellin him to not get involved in what the rest of the gang did. I dunno, but it is difinitely out of character! :angry:
Exactly. Quite a bit of the series is very much out of character.

:rolleyes:

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

17 Jan 2006, 20:29 #22

buds,
it's a character.
Plain and simple.
Apparently whoever wrote the episode script felt that it was a good plot and went with it.

Remember....they're ONLY CHARACTERS...and with any good storyline or show, they have to grow and evolve.

No big deal...please let it go.

Thanks,
Jenn

ilovetheoutsiders
Posts 0
ilovetheoutsiders

17 Jan 2006, 23:26 #23

hmm yeah i Read about that. i didnt really care too much though. although i dont think i would have that happen. i Read soda gets shot and almost dies but it never actually said if he did. i doubt they would though. note: this has nothing to do with sodas veitnam inncident. sorry, i cant spell that at all. the girl who played cherry valence was so ugly in my opinion.

ilovetheoutsiders
Posts 0
ilovetheoutsiders

17 Jan 2006, 23:32 #24

i got this from tv tome: ponyboy tries to help a chain gang who ends up shooting soda. if i know what a chain gang was, id know what was going on lol.

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

18 Jan 2006, 04:17 #25

Think inmates.
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter