Outsiders Stage Play In Tulsa(?)

Discuss anything relating to Hinton herself here; such as questions as to where to find interviews, what's her favorite books, what's she doing now, ect...more personalized stuff like that. NOTE: please continue to place book or movie related questions in the appropriate category. Thanks!

Outsiders Stage Play In Tulsa(?)

JEFFd
Advanced Member
JEFFd
Advanced Member

03 Nov 2006, 12:21 #1

Hi, I just got an email blast from the "Circle Cinema" in Tulsa. Yes, its the same theater in the new DVD that you see Ponyboy at ! Anyways... this coming thursday November 9th they have listed 2 S.E. Hinton movies(Outsiders & Rumble Fish) to be played that evening!!!! This is in conjunction with Oklahoma Centennial Celebrations that are starting this month! To say that this is a dream come true to see "The Outsiders" at this theater would be an understatement!

They also state that S.E. Hinton is also opening "The Outsiders" as a play this week in Tulsa. Does anyone here or in contact with Ms. Hinton have anymore inforation than this, or as to when and where this play is going to be??

Thank You,
JEFF d
"There's still lots of good in the world-Stay Gold"

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

04 Nov 2006, 03:42 #2

check the topic about The Outsiders stage play.
Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

05 Nov 2006, 00:02 #3

The Circle's website is down, but if you end up going to watch the movies there, be warned that it won't be as you saw in the movie - there's been some remodeling and you go in through a different entrance. I saw a movie there with a class summer last year. It was an interesting experience :)
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

JEFFd
Advanced Member
JEFFd
Advanced Member

05 Nov 2006, 04:54 #4

Thanks for the info Ces, I knew they had done quite extensive remodeling of the theater! Its still the only theater in the world that Pone walked out into the bright sunlight! Can't wait... can't wait!

JEFFd
Advanced Member
JEFFd
Advanced Member

11 Nov 2006, 05:29 #5

The night was really great! The movies looked really good on the screen there! The theater was really nice too, they have remodeled it into like an art house theater. Twas really cool!

-Jeff