One Line Changed

New 2005 DVD discussions here!

One Line Changed

MegakaPonysgal
Supreme Member
MegakaPonysgal
Supreme Member

12 Jan 2006, 16:58 #1

Did anyone notice that in the complete novel dvd, there is one line that got changed? When Pony runs out after Darry hit him and he and Johnny stop to catch their breath, Johnny says, "Take it easy, Pony. We'll be all right, man. Just cool it, man." Then, there's a change. Pony says, "You gotta cigarette, Johnny. I'm scared to death." Instead of the, "I'm scared, man." In the original. Weird, huh? I mean, it's so discrete, that most poeple probably wouldn't notice. It's just a few words different. I think it's weird that they'd just change the one line.
Anyone else notice? :huh:
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.-The Fray "All at Once"

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

12 Jan 2006, 17:08 #2

could be they simply used a different cut for that scene when they put the new DVD layout together?

I don't know though, I mean, there were no bloopers or other 'extra' footage like that but perhaps they had a couple different runs of that particular scene to choose from.

Interesting catch there! Great ears!

Later,
Jenn
Jenn - Webmaster / Forum Admin.
The Outsiders Official Book and Movie website

MegakaPonysgal
Supreme Member
MegakaPonysgal
Supreme Member

12 Jan 2006, 20:14 #3

LOL. Maybe. I don't know, the scene looks exactly the same as the original, except for that one line. I think Tommy's mouth was still moving to it and everything. I don't know what happened with that. It's weird. I mean, "I'm scared man" and "I'm scared to death" arent's that different. Who knows?
Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.-The Fray "All at Once"

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

13 Jan 2006, 06:06 #4

Interesting. I'll look for that next time I watch. Never noticed it before.
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

ilovetheoutsiders
Posts 0
ilovetheoutsiders

13 Jan 2006, 22:54 #5

o i noticed that but it was sooo long scince i saw the older version i thought i had made a mistake. it is really weird though.

i_love_ponyboys_eyes
Posts 0
i_love_ponyboys_eyes

13 Jan 2006, 23:58 #6

Yeah, I noticed that. I prefer when he says "I'm scared, man" but maybe just because thats what I was used to

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

15 Jan 2006, 04:27 #7

Actually yeah, I do remember noticing the change. I like the first version's line better, but it's ok with this one.
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

MrsJohnnyCake
Posts 0
MrsJohnnyCake

07 Feb 2006, 22:47 #8

I noticed. That was weird. :unsure:

johnnyandsodalover4life
Supreme Member

03 Jan 2010, 06:07 #9

Huh...Never noticed it. I'll put the COmplete Novel DVD in and open up the original on YouTube. Good hearing.
Johnny Cade-- My Guardian Angel