Movie Props For Sale In 1982

Post auctions you find on Ebay as well as other places to buy memoribilia in this forum.

Movie Props For Sale In 1982

James
Supreme Member
James
Supreme Member

20 Dec 2009, 04:04 #1

Movie Props For Sale In Tulsa

The Oklahoman Published: October 22, 1982

AP) "Everything it took to build the sets except the walls and floors" is being sold from two Francis Ford Coppola movies recently filmed in Tulsa.
Coppola wanted to film works based on the books "The Outsiders" and "Rumble Fish," both by Tulsa author S.E. Hinton, so to capture the essence of the stories he decided to come to the city in which they were set.
Coppola, whose credits include "The Black Stallion," "The Godfather" and "Apocalypse Now," recently returned to California to finish the Tulsa films.
But he left behind a myriad of props: refrigerators, air conditioners, neon signs, flourescent fixtures, electrical supplies, bicycles, skis, mattresses, stereos, televisions and ovens.
And there is much more, says Carl Carlson, set coordinator for the films, who estimated the value of the sale items at about $200,000.
The props and set merchandise are being sold to the public through Sunday, and unsold items will be donated to charity, Carlson said.
Coppola has a "huge prop house" at his studio in California, with items from his previous films. But most of them were either too expensive to ship to Tulsa or inappropriate for the films being made.
As a result, most of the things sold to Tulsans over the weekend "were bought right here at pawn shops, garage sales and furniture
stores," Carlson said. [/SIZE]

johnnyandsodalover4life
Supreme Member

11 Feb 2010, 23:33 #2

:18: Graarr, I wish I was alive during that time. >.< Seems like a great sale to me. :)
Johnny Cade-- My Guardian Angel