Just Found This Series On A Tape Here

Discussion, info, and questions pertaining to the 1990 short lived television series which aired on Fox TV channel.

Just Found This Series On A Tape Here

jcurtis
Posts 0
jcurtis

04 Apr 2007, 14:43 #1

I was looking for my old movie for my son to see and it was apparently taped over with MTV stuff. I kept fast forwarding through the tape to see if there was anything on it. I found this show and started watching. I was confused because it was The Ousiders, but not the movie. I kept watching and it started dawning on me that they made a tv series out of it. I googled it and sure enough they did. I was so excited to see these shows again. I didn't even know that I had them. I only have the first 3 and am hungry for more. I found this website while looking for stuff on the series. So thankful to see that someone is putting them on DVD. I kept watching the yahoo site and found them just 5 minutes ago. I can't wait to see them all.

I was totally in love, infatuated, and obsessed with The Outsiders when I was 13 in 1983. I wanted to be The Outsiders and live with The Outsiders. Now I find myself falling in love with it all over again as I experience it with my 13 year old son. I am becoming obsessed again. Watching the movie over and over. Thanks to whoever found these shows on yahoo auction to start with.

Jen

Ponyboy_Curtis
Posts 0
Ponyboy_Curtis

04 Apr 2007, 17:48 #2

Really? Someone's putting it on DVD? :o

Nittanylizard
Supreme Member
Nittanylizard
Supreme Member

04 Apr 2007, 19:31 #3

Welcome to the website! I was 13 in 1983, too. Saw the movie on HBO when I was 14, and went out the next week to get the book, which I've read countless times. Somehow I completely missed that there was a series, though; I was in college at the time and we had reception on exactly one channel.

Hope to see you around, this is a great site!

Liz
I swallowed a bug! - River, in Serenity

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

04 Apr 2007, 19:32 #4

I think Jen is talking about the user dvdrqueen on Yahoo! Auctions, who is who several of us here have bought the DVD's of the series from for a steal price! :) They are transferred from VHS recorded tapes.

I wasn't even alive yet in 1983... LOL (1989 baby!)
They say one day your life will flash before your eyes.
Make it worth watching.