It's Coming To Tulsa!

Announcements of performances, questions, thoughts, ect...anything related to a stage production of the story.

It's Coming To Tulsa!

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

16 Oct 2006, 00:45 #1

We went to see The Little Prince opera today, and there was a mention in the program about The Outsiders being here next month. My mom's 2 foster girls, who were with me, got really excited and are wanting to go, so I won't be surprised if my mom ends up getting tickets for all of us to go.

http://www.tulsapac.com/eventslist.asp? ... =11/1/2006

Based on the novel written by S.E. Hinton when she was a teenager growing up in Tulsa, this play follows the story of young men growing up facing hard times where they have little going for them. Two opposing groups, the Greasers and the Socs (SO-shez), continually fight against each other as they defend their "turf." This classic coming-of-age story has become a part of nationwide school curriculums, and now Theatre Tulsa brings it to life, providing special school performances and workshops.

Pictured is author S.E. Hinton and the Theatre Tulsa cast of The Outsiders

http://www.myticketoffice.com/upload/Ou ... Events.jpg
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Nittanylizard
Supreme Member
Nittanylizard
Supreme Member

16 Oct 2006, 01:06 #2

Very cool! Let us know if you go see it. :D

Liz
I swallowed a bug! - River, in Serenity

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

16 Oct 2006, 01:17 #3

At least with the pronunciation guide on the info bit, I don't have to worry about the soc's being referred to as 'socks' :P

I'm a little nervous about how singing scenes might go..
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

16 Oct 2006, 09:09 #4

Oh that's great and your last comment there yeah when I picked up the book at fourteen that's i thought Socs was. i even asked a friend and she yeah its socks. :D i'd forgotten all about that till I read that.
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

16 Oct 2006, 12:44 #5

how very cool! I would love to be able to see that...I'll be there in spirit!!
Take lots of pics if you go (and can) and report back!

Thanks for sharing!

Jenn - Webmaster / Forum Admin.
The Outsiders Official Book and Movie website

Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member
Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member

16 Oct 2006, 12:44 #6

Is it going to be a musical? At least it'll be better than the Australian one, bwahaha.
~~Katie~~..."he glides when he walks"....

Katie's Rumble Fish site

Ponyboy14
Posts 0
Ponyboy14

16 Oct 2006, 19:56 #7

Tell me how it is :D . I really wish I could go

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

16 Oct 2006, 23:52 #8

That's so awesome! Gah - I wish I could see a play production of the Outsiders!
They say one day your life will flash before your eyes.
Make it worth watching.

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

18 Oct 2006, 03:31 #9

Pitythebackseat @ Oct 16 2006, 07:44 AM wrote: Is it going to be a musical? At least it'll be better than the Australian one, bwahaha.
I don't know for sure, but I'm preparing myself for the worst and hoping for the best :P

James
Supreme Member
James
Supreme Member

18 Oct 2006, 14:22 #10

Ces @ Oct 17 2006, 09:31 PM wrote: I don't know for sure, but I'm preparing myself for the worst and hoping for the best :P
Im planning on going "at this time"since I live about 3 1/2 hours from Tulsa,and depending on the weather,sometimes it can be mild and sometimes it can be snowing in that part of Oklahoma,Im going to try really hard to get away and if I do I will have a full report and pictures for those that do not go.
James grouphug

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

18 Oct 2006, 17:29 #11

Oh dear lord can you imagine a musical version of it. Although it worked for grease. I just can't imagine Dallas singing.
I not sure about a play of the Outsiders. Would it be good. Has anyone ever gone to see one?
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member
Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member

18 Oct 2006, 18:41 #12

They're doing one in Bolton, in the Midlands of the UK... I think that's pretty soon. So hopefully someone can go to that one and report on that one also!
~~Katie~~..."he glides when he walks"....

Katie's Rumble Fish site

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

25 Oct 2006, 19:09 #13

Man, everywhere I look, seriously! I was at my interning today, and one of the intermediate schools here is doing Outsiders, also. I just saw the poster on the way to lunch, didn't really get a chance to stop and look it over closely. But I'll be there tomorrow and I'll look at it then.

Oh, and the teacher I work under is about to start having her Pre-AP classes make pop-up books, and had a bunch that another teacher had done last year, using the Outsiders. It was hard to not be giddy looking at them :P hehe

JEFFd
Advanced Member
JEFFd
Advanced Member

03 Nov 2006, 12:37 #14

Coolness..... THANKS for the info!!! I just ordered my tickets, two seats on the second row OPENING NIGHT!! Woooo hooooo
"There's still lots of good in the world-Stay Gold"

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

03 Nov 2006, 14:09 #15

I will be at the play one of the nites , on the opening weekend. I would like to possibly meet with everyone from our esteemed website, if anyone is interested. Contact me offline please. Ces, if you can come, I look forward to seeing you again.
Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

03 Nov 2006, 15:02 #16

I'm so glad you get to go Karen!! Have fun!! grouphug atktion057

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

04 Nov 2006, 23:58 #17

I need to get tickets. I guess I should cash my student aid check right after so my husband doesn't complain about spending money :P Karen, I'll let you know if I'll be there or not.

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

05 Nov 2006, 04:39 #18

Have fun guys! I'm still oh-so envious!
They say one day your life will flash before your eyes.
Make it worth watching.

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

06 Nov 2006, 03:15 #19

Ces, could you please contact me regarding the trip to Tulsa?
Stay Gold, Karen

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

06 Nov 2006, 13:26 #20

There's on online article covering the play at
http://www.tulsapac.com/images/int150.pdf

Its the Tulsa 'Intermission Magazine' that is from the TCPA. Worth the read!! Great pic of S.E. Hinton with the cast and other pics.

Somebody better send me a Playbill from this!!

Hugs,
Jenn

JEFFd
Advanced Member
JEFFd
Advanced Member

08 Nov 2006, 01:42 #21

Got my tickets in the mail today! I am so ready! Movietime

-Jeff
"There's still lots of good in the world-Stay Gold"

James
Supreme Member
James
Supreme Member

11 Nov 2006, 13:56 #22

James @ Oct 18 2006, 08:22 AM wrote: Im planning on going "at this time"since I live about 3 1/2 hours from Tulsa,and depending on the weather,sometimes it can be mild and sometimes it can be snowing in that part of Oklahoma,Im going to try really hard to get away and if I do I will have a full report and pictures for those that do not go.
James grouphug
Me and Karen have been here in Tulsa since thursday and we are having a great time. We have been looking at some of the Outsider and Rumble Fish movie locations and went to the Circle Theater Thursday night for the showing of The Outsiders and Rumble Fish which was up on the Marquee (by special request)spotlight on top of the building, Movietime the new marquee looks great. So far we have met with Ces and Jeff native Tulsans and members of this website and Mike with Tulsa Tv Memories,talked with the manager of The Circle and several people there,saw The Outsiders play last night and WOW! It was FANTASTIC! A BIG THUMBS UP! We will be meeting with the cast later today before tonites performance. I wish that you all could have made it to see one great play.

From Tulsa
James (Fort Worth,Texas)

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

12 Nov 2006, 05:01 #23

Karen reporting in from Tulsa! We have tons and tons of pictures from the play tonight!!! We have VERY interesting news concerning TEx, and we DID get a chance to meet with S.E. Hinton! I will be posting pictures in a day or so, and I have news and new pictures from the Curtis House and neighorhood! This have been the most incredible trip, to say the least, and you will want to stay tuned.
Stay Gold, Karen

Debbie Twenty

13 Nov 2006, 18:31 #24

Karen @ Nov 11 2006, 11:01 PM wrote: Karen reporting in from Tulsa!
Hi Karen! I didn't catch a name Saturday night, but I'm just sure that I sat next to you in the front row (and you gave me a card with the URL for this site)... I'm thinkin' of the right person, right??

When ya told me you were "From Alabama," I didn't even realize you'd actually traveled that far to see the production! Wow! All this time, I thought it was this quiet little hometown thing -- I had no idea the <em>magic</em> was so far-reaching, and if I get any kind of chance to see another stage production -- in Oklahoma or Texas or wherever, I'd really like to go!

I enjoyed the play, it was great; and I hope y'all enjoy your visit to Tulsa! I had a nice time chattin' with ya before the lights went down -- and you folks have built a fascinating website too!

:) Debbie (from Sperry/Owasso)

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

13 Nov 2006, 19:46 #25

Karen @ Nov 11 2006, 11:01 PM wrote: We have VERY interesting news concerning TEx, and we DID get a chance to meet with S.E. Hinton! I will be posting pictures in a day or so, and I have news and new pictures from the Curtis House and neighorhood! This have been the most incredible trip, to say the least, and you will want to stay tuned.
Stay Gold, Karen
Sounds great can't wait for the Tex news and the pictures. I will get there one day. I want to wait till my son is a teenager and bring him along. I'll have him brainwashed by then he'll be a big outsiders fan by then. :D
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES