I Wish My School'd Do This Play

Announcements of performances, questions, thoughts, ect...anything related to a stage production of the story.

I Wish My School'd Do This Play

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

30 Nov 2005, 01:57 #1

I know some schools do The Outsiders as a play. God, I'd love that ^^ Ah well, the drama program's not big enough, and it's a Christian school. We read this in my last Christian school, but the drama lady's a little... eccentric? Who knows. Lol. But I don't see much hope. Me and my best friend think it'd be a ton of fun to do out of school tryouts and make our own version.

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

30 Nov 2005, 02:54 #2

Our school was going to do an Outsiders play but in the end it didn't work out. Too many people dropped out of it and there weren't many others who were into it. I think in the end it wasn't going to be allowed to be done anyway because of everything involved. It was a shame. There has been no drama class/club since then.
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
All gave some, he gave all.
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Rounding third and headed for Heaven

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

30 Nov 2005, 02:55 #3

Yeah, a few things wouldn't be appropriate for certain aged kids, but I'm in high school. You'd think...

Oh well. Maybe someday.

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

30 Nov 2005, 02:59 #4

When we were set to put on the play I was a sophomore and it would have been done for high school and some middle school I'd imagine. And with how our school is it wouldn't have been inapproiate at all. Our principal at that time was an idiot though. =/
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
All gave some, he gave all.
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Rounding third and headed for Heaven

twobitsgirl
Posts 0
twobitsgirl

30 Nov 2005, 23:43 #5

Mabe when I'd get to high school we'll do the outsiders play. :) I don't know,I think I'd play a good Cherry,even though I don't have red hair.I say her parts pretty we'll and I have attitude :P

bovril
Supreme Member
bovril
Supreme Member

04 Dec 2005, 18:30 #6

i asked if we could do this as our next school play, they said it was inappropriate as well. i dont see why about half of my school smokes and drinks anyway, and the teachers know it. it would be just a scene from everday life really (except the heros bit and what not)
Hunt the Hunter

Facebook =]

MrsJohnnyCake
Posts 0
MrsJohnnyCake

23 Dec 2005, 03:40 #7

My ex-Uncle's school did that play when he was in highschool. Supposedly it was really good: He played Two-Bit.

ilovetheoutsiders
Posts 0
ilovetheoutsiders

01 Jan 2006, 14:38 #8

I know some schools do The Outsiders as a play
wow. we only do crappy musicals at my schools (elementary and highschool).
but in the summer im going to this acting thing were they put on plays. wouldnt it be cool if we did the outsiders?

ilovetheoutsiders
Posts 0
ilovetheoutsiders

01 Jan 2006, 14:41 #9

i dont see why about half of my school smokes and drinks anyway, and the teachers know it. it would be just a scene from everday life really
that is sooo true! and maybe if more schools did the outsiders as a play, kids would stop. well i dont know about drinking at my school, but i do know kids who smoke. and no joke, last year a girl got PREGNANT and never came back...

bovril
Supreme Member
bovril
Supreme Member

01 Jan 2006, 17:13 #10

ilovetheoutsiders @ Jan 1 2006, 03:41 PM wrote: that is sooo true! and maybe if more schools did the outsiders as a play, kids would stop. well i dont know about drinking at my school, but i do know kids who smoke. and no joke, last year a girl got PREGNANT and never came back...
well they dont drink at school but they certinley do outside. There has been quite a few pregnancies at my school over the past few years the youngest was in year 8 wich is about 12-13 years old. its shocking and its not like there uneducated about this kinda thing casue there always ramming it down our throats, they're just stupid. Im ashamed of my school seriously ashamed oh well i can leave in may!
Hunt the Hunter

Facebook =]

ilovetheoutsiders
Posts 0
ilovetheoutsiders

03 Jan 2006, 00:25 #11

lol and i thought MY school was bad. o well i love my school. lots of gossip :). i dont mean i like school (ewww) but i like seeing my friends and stuff. i smell smoke coming out from the bathrooms on my way to english. when we were at my brothers winter concert, the teacher said they have a no smoking policy and my dad said except in the bathroom and i started laughing. he said it out loud so everyone could hear him, it was embarassingly funny

Cho
Posts 0
Cho

03 Jan 2006, 18:35 #12

I wish we got the copyright to remkae the movie with a whole new cast! I can't get enough Outsiders goodness so I need more! :o

[ Johnnycake ]
Posts 0
[ Johnnycake ]

09 Jan 2006, 05:31 #13

I know some schools do The Outsiders as a play. God, I'd love that ^^
Me too! I would probably faint of excitement if we did that. Except I'm not a guy, so I probably wouldn't be able to get a part in the play, except for an extra, or Marcia, maybe... oh, well. But if I was a guy, I'd definitely want to play the part of Johnny. n__n
Ah well, the drama program's not big enough, and it's a Christian school. We read this in my last Christian school, but the drama lady's a little... eccentric?
Same problem here.
But I don't see much hope. Me and my best friend think it'd be a ton of fun to do out of school tryouts and make our own version.
That WOULD be fun!!! Mind if I steal your idea? :D

Sigh... I'm in junior high and my school never puts on very interesting plays. The last one was about a guy named Waldo and a dwarf and whatnot... I would've fallen asleep if my friend hadn't been in it.

Andrea
Posts 0
Andrea

17 May 2006, 01:44 #14

One of my friends and I were actually talking about that earlier. I'm pretty involved at the drama program in our school, but the person who runs the drama stuff chooses plays that pretty much nobody gets. Like, you'll sit around and watch the play and the only way you know if it's over is when the curtains close, and usually the people in the play don't even get it. So I doubt we'll do The Outsiders anytime soon. Although it would be awesome.

Andrea
Posts 0
Andrea

17 May 2006, 18:22 #15

Actually I brought it up to my drama teacher today and she didn't seem oposed to the idea- but she said that the stage production of it she had read she didn't like, even though she loved the movie. Maybe if I get enough people interested and asking her about it, or if I can find a good script we'll do it. That would own.

Johnny's Angel
Posts 0
Johnny's Angel

07 Sep 2006, 01:31 #16

I wish my school would do this book as a play. I would so take part in it, or work on it, if they did. I would definitely try to get the part of Cherry, but if I didn't get that, I'd want to be the script writer. I would definitely use the book as a reference, or take the speech from the book and use that as the script.

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

07 Sep 2006, 12:29 #17

My school is one of the best in the city for the play productions. I'm not sure what the drama teacher would say to The Outsiders. I would take any part in it offered! I haven't been in a play since grade 10, and I actually had a lead role.

I'd be cool to watch a play production of the Outsiders!
They say one day your life will flash before your eyes.
Make it worth watching.

booknerd5230
Posts 0
booknerd5230

02 Oct 2006, 02:53 #18

It would be so much fun to do this show. I too read the book at a Christian school.

And btw, all drama people are eccentric... LOL :)

BannedBooksTicket

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

02 Oct 2006, 06:39 #19

I failed to mention that I also read the book at my Catholic school. :) There were only 8 of us in that grade in the whole TINY school... so it was cool to read a book about close friends like that.
They say one day your life will flash before your eyes.
Make it worth watching.

greaserlove
Posts 0
greaserlove

02 Oct 2007, 03:26 #20

When my drama teacher brings up the Spring production that we have every two years I'll be sure to bring up The Outsiders. I'll have to do it afterschool though, or my reputation will be brought down to...well, everyone already talks about me behind my back and shuns me. I'll be fine =P