I Wanted To Hang Out With Ponyboy And Johnny

Discuss the book, the author, the writing style, character analizations, and anything else related to this literary classic here.

I Wanted To Hang Out With Ponyboy And Johnny

Ellenroth
Advanced Member
Ellenroth
Advanced Member

31 Jul 2008, 01:28 #1

Hi, I was wondering if anyone felt, after they read the book that they really wanted the characters to be real? I don't know how to say it but I really wanted to hang out with Ponyboy and Johnny after I read the book, it was a strange feeling.
"Let's do it for Johnny!"
ellen_camp_roth@hotmail.com

englishteacher
Advanced Member
englishteacher
Advanced Member

20 Sep 2008, 01:41 #2

I felt this way when I was in middle and high school and read the book...I think it is a normal feeling and also a sign that you really loved the book!

ILoveGreasers

24 Sep 2008, 21:05 #3

I've always felt that way. I've wanted to hang out with all the characters, especially the Curtis brothers. All three of them were so sweet in the book. Oh, if only they could be real boys

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

24 Sep 2008, 22:19 #4

Yes, I felt the same way.

Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........

ponyboylover20
Advanced Member
ponyboylover20
Advanced Member

21 Nov 2008, 16:44 #5

Me too. I actually got really sad over it. After I read the book, it's as if I felt I knew who they really were, because there was so much detail in the book and you really got to know their personalities. I felt so close to the gang, even though they were only characters. I think that's a huge reason why it's been my favourite book for 2 years.
"I don't think it's too hot of an idea" - Ponyboy Curtis

Dramalover

03 May 2009, 18:45 #6

Yes, I wish that the characters were real. I'd probably relate the most to Pony, but either way hanging with all of them would be cool....Dallas would probably get kind of mad at me, seeing as how I talk A LOT, but I'd love to hang out with any of them..except maybe Steve.
You're gold when you're a kid, like green.-Johnny Cade, The Outsiders

mrs.sodapop

21 Jun 2009, 21:52 #7

I really wanted to hang out with Soda and Ponyboy. I've never really met anyone like Pony, which is why I think he'd be really sweet to hang around with.
1966/7 - Gold is invented.
1982/3 - Gold is made silver.
2004/5 - Gold is made pure silver.
2009- Stephalu becomes gold.

johnnycake_25

04 Aug 2009, 19:29 #8

ponyboylover20 @ Nov 21 2008, 10:44 AM wrote:Me too. I actually got really sad over it. After I read the book, it's as if I felt I knew who they really were, because there was so much detail in the book and you really got to know their personalities. I felt so close to the gang, even though they were only characters.
ive pretty much been dying over the fact that i couldnt meet them. S.E Hinton is super good at writing. the outsiders was really detailed and i connected with the characters, i lived with the characters, pretty much.

I WANNA MEET THEMMM!!!!
☼stay gold☼
"Man,that was a tuff car.Mustangs..they're tuff."

thebiggestoutsidersfan
Supreme Member

12 Dec 2009, 22:20 #9

I want them to be real sooooo bad. I think about them in my dreams, continuing on the story in my head. I am ALWAYS thinking about the characters, and I am pretty much DYING to meet them! *sigh* If only they were real. I would love to hang out with them.
'A guy that'll really listen to you, listen and care about what you're saying, is something rare.' -The Outsiders

14 Jan 2010, 01:39 #10

I'd love to hang out with Johnny.. he seems like the kind of guy who would always be nice to you and be sweet to hang out with..

plus, he's kind of slow, like me, so i woldnt feel like an idiot around him or anything,

and im nervous and shy like him.

I'm kind of an Outsider. I'm a Geek, so I'm seen as different in my school. And he wouldn;t judge a girl on their looks and pick on them if they were ugly. im not ugly, but not gorgeous,

and he seems like he would really listen to you no matter how much you talked. I would love to hang out wiht him no matter what he looked like, or if he was a greaser, middle class or rich. I'm from a very small town, and I have a Gay friend (he's very very flamboyent) and that doesnt go over very well in a small town, but he's still my best friend. I guess I'm accepting like him. We would have alot in common.

Sodapop127
Advanced Member
Sodapop127
Advanced Member

14 Jan 2010, 03:55 #11

I want to hang out with Ponyboy! No boys that I know are sweet and respectful to girls like he is. I so wish the characters were real. The real actors are old now :(
♥Stay Gold♥

thebiggestoutsidersfan
Supreme Member

14 Jan 2010, 04:02 #12

Yeah Johnny is like the sweetest, most understanding person in the world! If only there were more people like him. I'm shy and nervous too, johnnycadelover16. Class, and looks, and that kind of stuff doesn't matter to me. I'm gonna cry..... he died, but he's still in our hearts.

And I'd be best friends with Ponyboy as well. He was understanding too. I could hang out with anyone who's understanding.

I'd love to meet any of the greasers. They were all like brothers, who cared about each other.

It depresses me that I can only meet them in my dreams. :(
'A guy that'll really listen to you, listen and care about what you're saying, is something rare.' -The Outsiders

johnnyandsodalover4life
Supreme Member

14 Jan 2010, 15:32 #13

thebiggestoutsidersfan @ Jan 13 2010, 10:02 PM wrote: Yeah Johnny is like the sweetest, most understanding person in the world! If only there were more people like him. I'm shy and nervous too, johnnycadelover16. Class, and looks, and that kind of stuff doesn't matter to me. I'm gonna cry..... he died, but he's still in our hearts.

And I'd be best friends with Ponyboy as well. He was understanding too. I could hang out with anyone who's understanding.

I'd love to meet any of the greasers. They were all like brothers, who cared about each other.

It depresses me that I can only meet them in my dreams. :(
You got that just right, buddy, you got that just right. :'( I really wish with all my heart, mind and soul (however stupid that sounds) that at least Johnny Cade is real. But you're right; he is alive-- in our hearts.
Johnny Cade-- My Guardian Angel

thebiggestoutsidersfan
Supreme Member

14 Jan 2010, 22:34 #14

I would never think that sounds stupid, johnnyandsodalover4life. I feel the exact same way.

johnnyandsodalover4life
Supreme Member

14 Jan 2010, 23:06 #15

Aww, thankies~ I keep on forgetting my buddies in RL aren't on here, and that the only people who I am speaking with on this site are pure Outsiders fan. <3

Sodapop127
Advanced Member
Sodapop127
Advanced Member

17 Jan 2010, 05:43 #16

Man, I wish Ponyboy was real :(

Oh well all the charas are real when I daydream about them every 3 seconds :)
&#9829;Stay Gold&#9829;

johnnyandsodalover4life
Supreme Member

18 Jan 2010, 04:13 #17

Haha; ditto on that. :)

thebiggestoutsidersfan
Supreme Member

18 Jan 2010, 20:07 #18

Definitely! Except I daydream about them EVERY second :P

johnnyandsodalover4life
Supreme Member

20 Jan 2010, 10:31 #19

Yep, you an' me both, buddy~ And they are TOTALLY worth the time distracted. ^^

thebiggestoutsidersfan
Supreme Member

20 Jan 2010, 23:36 #20

Yep, you an' me both, buddy~ And they are TOTALLY worth the time distracted. ^^
Absolutely! In my dreams they are my best buddies.

johnnyandsodalover4life
Supreme Member

21 Jan 2010, 23:15 #21

Ja. :) I don't know what else to say; they're just SO WORTH my time and thoughts. <3

thebiggestoutsidersfan
Supreme Member

22 Jan 2010, 03:56 #22

Ja. :) I don't know what else to say; they're just SO WORTH my time and thoughts. <3
*nods in agreement*

SherryBaby79

20 Aug 2010, 04:58 #23

I did, and still do. It would be cool to commiserate with Darry and Soda about being the oldest in the family, which I am. I'd love to just talk about books and movies with Ponyboy, and just hang out with Johnny. I'd love to watch Mickey Mouse (who I love) with Two-Bit. I'd probably be too nervous to hang out with Dally. It would be cool just to hang out with Steve too.
"Never close your eyes, open up your mind, and you can have everything." Everything--Buckcherry

Infinite diversity in infinite combinations.

05 Feb 2011, 21:27 #24

I always wish I could meet johnny and the curtis brothers cause I could just talk to them forever and tell them how i feel and how my life is, I would feel alot better in my soul and my heart, when I read the bok for the first time I was addicted to it and now i have the movie and two books of it, but no one i know wants to talk about it so i just talk to myself but than i found this website and now I can tell you. :18: :20:
"Having a brother like Soda your never bored.
~Ponyboy Curtis~