I Have A Question

Discuss anything relating to Hinton herself here; such as questions as to where to find interviews, what's her favorite books, what's she doing now, ect...more personalized stuff like that. NOTE: please continue to place book or movie related questions in the appropriate category. Thanks!

I Have A Question

Keyblade5000

17 Apr 2011, 15:11 #1

Like the title says, I want to find out about S. E. Hinton's report card when she was writing The Outsiders. All she really said about it was that she had a D in creative writing. Sorry, just a curious mind.

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

17 Apr 2011, 22:19 #2

I have never spoken to S.E. Hinton about the subject. I think it would be a good one to broach when I talk to her next.

I can say, having been in a college creative writing class, that sometimes the teachers can't always appreciate a students writings skills or abilities. I once had a creative writing teacher tell me I should be writing novels. HUH?
Sometimes, a teacher can be intimidated by a student, who they perceive to a better writer than themselves. I can't answer the question completely, but these are just my own ideas.

Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........