Help Get The Series Officially Released On Dvd

Discussion, info, and questions pertaining to the 1990 short lived television series which aired on Fox TV channel.

Help Get The Series Officially Released On Dvd

samhain

20 Feb 2010, 05:53 #1

I thought I might be able to get some help from fans of the tv series here. I'm trying to find as many fans as I can because I started a thread over on Shout Factory's official site to see if they would put the series out on dvd. Shout Factory is a company that has put out many shows, some that have only lasted one or two years, like Freaks And Geeks and Parker Lewis Can't Lose.

If you want to write on the thread it might help show that there is an interest for a dvd set and they do listen to the fans. There is a thread on there for the 1950s Dennis the Menace tv show which they are now looking into acquiring the rights to. It seems to be do to the fact that someone asked and a bunch of people wrote expressing similar interest. So I thought it might be worth a try for The Outsiders too.

There is also a new thing they have called Direct to Consumer, where they make a smaller number of dvd sets and sell them exclusively through their website. It might be our best chance at getting them out. *fingers crossed* :)

Here's the link to my thread:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/community/2764/thread.aspx

Thanks for the help!

Nittanylizard
Supreme Member

21 Feb 2010, 21:24 #2

Great idea! I added a comment to the thread.

Feel free to post about it over at the Wrong Side of the Tracks Forum as well.
I swallowed a bug! - River, in Serenity

samhain

22 Feb 2010, 03:58 #3

Thanks for posting on my thread and for the link to the other forum. I started the topic over there too. I think with Shout Factory there is a good chance or at least a better chance than an online petition. I'm not sure if those ever really work. The message board over at Shout Factory seems to be set up specifically to get a gauge on what shows people want.

samhain

05 Nov 2012, 02:46 #4

A little good news to report, Brian Ward who works for Shout Factory, wrote on my thread and said "It's been kicked up to our acquisitions team."

So it sounds like they're at least discussing the possiblity.

Thanks to all who wrote and requested the series over there. It's helping. Hopefully, it will happen. :)

Nittanylizard
Supreme Member

06 Nov 2012, 15:46 #5

That's awesome! Thanks for letting us know :).
I swallowed a bug! - River, in Serenity