Harold Pruett

Discussion, info, and questions pertaining to the 1990 short lived television series which aired on Fox TV channel.

Harold Pruett

marsonfire
Supreme Member
marsonfire
Supreme Member

16 Jul 2007, 23:18 #1

I was searching through a bunch of my old teen magazine clippings (I saved all the New Kids ones LOL) and found that on the back of a few was information on the TV series.

This is from an article from SuperTeen with Harold Pruett (Steve):

ST: We heard you had actually tested for The Outsiders movie, too. Is that true?

Pruett: I was up for the role of Ponyboy Curtis. Even though I was too young for the role, testing with Emilio Estevez and Patrick Swayze was a great experience.

ST: Do you feel a pressure of yourself that people will compare you with Tom Cruise because he played your character, Steve Randle, in the movie?

Pruett: No, first because he wasn't in [the movie] a lot and secondly because compairsons can be taken in two ways and I can probably take it in a very positive way. Tom Cruise is not a bad person to be compared to. I know that I can hold my own acting and I have a lot to learn... [but] I'm happy with my work on this. It keeps getting better and I am understanding it as I go along. That is all you can hope for in a series. Everytime has to be a little better. You learn little tricks from the show before.

That was basically all the Outsiders talk. I was surprised Harold auditioned for Pony. He would have been about 11 or 12 when he auditioned.

greaserlove
Posts 0
greaserlove

17 Jul 2007, 18:49 #2

:o Really? That's REALLY cool that you still have those magazines. Me and my best friend (the one i previously stated who's mom was a greaser) have been looking with her mom for Superteen magazines in their attic but we've had no such luck yet. Sad thing is, apparently Kathy (friend's mom) had TONS of the Outsiders posters !

I haven't seen any of the episodes, but I know they sound good. That's really fantastic that Harold Pruett got the part as Steve. I agree, even just an audition with such great actors would be an amazing experience!